How do I take the dash apart?

2003SilvSS

I posted this the other day but I'll reiterate a little. I have an almost buzzing noise coming from up under the dash on the drivers side. Driving around town at 20-30 mph or even on the highway I can hear it if the radio is off. It almost sounds like a relay is shorting out and clicking really really fast.

It's horse crap, so I'm going to pull the dash apart. and get to the bottom of this.

1. Does the plastics around the front of the dash just snap off? No screws?

2. The plastic panel above the brake.. There are screws on the bottom, I'm assuming that there are some as well under neath the piece that I mentioned above?

Maybe when I get them off I can see in there better. I'm going to get some velcro, small weather striping, silcone grease and maybe some silicone RTV.

I'm sorry to bother everyone on this, but man, it bugs the heck out of me. Ha, it kind of sounds like a bug.

:banghead:

Brian

...just the 2 screws for the kick panel under the steering wheel and then there are some tabs holding the top in place. I would take off the dash bezel first. One tip, put the E brake on and with the key in Run (motor off) put the trans in the lowest gear. With the stalk out of the way it will help to take that off.

00z71sierra

Archived