silenoid stuck open???? what is that???

I just had a torque converter put on.

I had my new PCMforless tune put in... It ran fine yesterday (transmissionwise)

And tonight the engine light popped on and my rpm's wouldnt go above 2000 and

the truck would barely move.. So I went to Autozone and the scanner said

I had a Shift Silenoid Stuck Open.... What exactly is that... and will it hurt

anything to keep running the truck? Its driving fine now and only did that not

moving deal one time but the light it still on?

We didnt get the code number for some reason. We are wondering if its in the tune

w/the old hot-tune when the truck was basically stock, it would downshift into first at

35mph and it would seem to miss or skip some. We were concerened about this and

put the stock tune back in and no more problems. Since then my bro put in

cam/3000 stall/shiftkit and corvette servo. We rode back from columbus to athens

ga with no probs with the bone stock gm tune except 2 footing at lights because of

the cam. We the put in the new tune and the idle was completlely fixed. Then last

night, we were next to a mid 90s cobra and my bro punched it at 35, this time the

skipping was even worse than in the past so we just drove normal for the rest of the

night. The skipping shift only occurs when downshifting into first from 35 or so(real

high in the gear). Tonight we went out for "all you can eat wings'' and we were about

to pull in and the engine light on, then once in the parking lot, the tranny/engine felt

basically dead. The rpms really wouldnt go up and the truck was very sluggish. We

parked...ate.. came back out and the engine light was still on but the truck felt

normal. No sluggishness or anything...We then made our way to the autozone 10

minutes before close and he gave us the error message...he also said that if we undo

the battery while the ses light is on that it will burn up the computer and we would

have to buy a new one. :uhoh: I really know very little about trannys but i have no

clue what this prob is...I guess we can go back tomorrow and see what the error is.

I have heard on here of someone having a problem w/the oil from the cai getting on

the maf or something and causing some probs, i was really hoping that this could be

the case because my bro and his roomate re-oiled theirs 2 days ago. Its a long shot

but i was trying to think of everything. But now there looks to be a legitimate error

so i hope its not to serious. The tranny temps are where they should be so i hope its

ok till we get it figured out. Thanks :banghead:

i get the same error, but i just delete it. The problem with mine (happed 3 times since zippy shift) is that it wont go into 1st. So if i stop i start in 2nd or 3rd. Something with the Fuse, Zippy helped out a while ago with this, so the quick fix is to to turn the truck off then turn it back on. Seems to reset the fuse and im good to go again.

My solenoid stuck open and blew my engine!

But that was my nitrous solenoid :D Just tryn to scare ya

Archived