So Cal Meet Part Deux

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That and maybe some performance shops so some people can buy some gear??? I know Stillen is out there somewhere and maybe we can get Bryan to give us a tour of Intro Wheels. There is also the Billet Superstore in Anaheim and Magnaflow is out there past Irvine.

Late- Alex

Here's an idea for the future...The California Truck Jamboree Show in Irvine is May 22nd. For those who have never been, this is a cool show with all kinds of trucks on display and lot's of "other" things to look at. I think it would be awesome to see all of us rolling in there together and taking up a quarter of the parking lot. What do ya'll think? :dunno:

:cheers:

Ok... so it looks like "POKER RUN" is the official decision for our next get together... now we just need to plot 5 points of interest for cruising... and we might want to make a gas station one of them w/ the mileage we're all getting! :jester:

Anyone wanna post this up over on LS1Tech and see if any of those guys are down to give me some of their money? :P

Ok... so it looks like "POKER RUN" is the official decision for our next get together... now we just need to plot 5 points of interest for cruising... and we might want to make a gas station one of them w/ the mileage we're all getting! :jester:

Anyone wanna post this up over on LS1Tech and see if any of those guys are down to give me some of their money?  :P

That sounds good!!! wait i dont get it lol :dunno: is it a race or are we all following each other and just picking cards??? anyways i guess it doesnt matter either way it will be fun! cant wait.....lol late

-Shane

Guys, were gonna have to watch out for Dylan.  I can already see him slipping a couple aces up his sleave before the run. :jester:

As far as pulling the cards, we can use 5 seperate brand new decks opened up in front of everyone at each stop. The only catch would be that you can't pull/keep the same suited card in your hand. If you pull a "Q" of hearts at the first stop and you pull the same card at the second, third, fourth, or fifth stop, you must put that card back in the deck and pull another. As in a real poker game, you can't have same suited cards from one deck right, well the same applies here only we will use 5 decks because of the size of the turnout. Also we can have some sort of master sheet to write down what card everyone pulled at each stop. That way we have the sheet to verify and the person has the cards to show. The winning hand MUST turn in their winning hand/cards to collect the $$$. No going off the sheet.

What about 2nd and 3rd place prizes or a winner take all???

Example:

10 SSS at $20.00 per = $200.00

3rd gets entry fee back, $20.00

2nd gets entry fee plus $10.00= $30.00 total

1st gets the remaining $150.00

Also we can have it so anyone can have as many entries as they want. More $$$$.

That sounds good!!! wait i dont get it lol  :dunno:  is it a race or are we all following each other and just picking cards???

It's not a race per se, but who the hell am I to tell anyone what to do! :uhoh: After we get the five places plotted, we should make copies of the intended route to pass out to everyone that way if we get seperated, everyone knows the next stop.

We only really need 2 spots to cruise to.

1st. The actual meeting spot for everyone like a coffee or donut shop.

2nd. Insert spot here.

3rd. Somewhere to eat.

4th. Insert spot here.

5th. I suggest the last place be the ESPN Zone located in Anaheim's Downtown Disney.

Here are a few links for everyone to browse through.

ESPN Zone in Anaheim

Downtown Disney

Keep in mind, the ESPN Zone is located in Downtown Disney and IMHO the perfect last stop for the poker run. There is alot to do there. Shop, walk, eat, drink or just kick back and people watch (my favorite pastime.) The member who wins the poker run can even treat all of us to dinner! :thumbs: If any members plan on bringing the kids, it would be great for them especially if they've never been.

These are just a few suggestion. What does everyone think?

Late- Alex

I think Magnaflow would be a great stop, I know I would like to get rid of my Flowmaster if I can get something a little more quieter. Their shop is big and they even have a dyno there. I already sent an email asking if it would be cool if about 20 or so trucks showed up there. I just can't seem to locate it. I know it's past Irvine or something like that. Any help???

Thoughts??????

Late- Alex

Archived