how many are running 12" subs?

I used to have a 12"jl audio stealth box and that thing was pretty loud. I recently had my car audio shop put in two jl 10w7s. I have a jl 500/1 running to each sub and they hit super loud and they are the cleanest subs I have ever heard. Due to the deep mounting depth and stuff, The subs face forward and I am in the process of getting some custom grills made so they don't get stepped on.

I used to have a 12"jl audio stealth box and that thing was pretty loud.  I recently had my car audio shop put in two jl 10w7s.  I have a jl 500/1 running to each sub and they hit super loud and they are the cleanest subs I have ever heard.  Due to the deep mounting depth and stuff, The subs face forward and I am in the process of getting some custom grills made so they don't get stepped on.

I bet that sounds GREAT!!!! W7's are awesome... Post some pictures of that install... :thumbs:

I used to have a 12"jl audio stealth box and that thing was pretty loud.  I recently had my car audio shop put in two jl 10w7s.  I have a jl 500/1 running to each sub and they hit super loud and they are the cleanest subs I have ever heard.  Due to the deep mounting depth and stuff, The subs face forward and I am in the process of getting some custom grills made so they don't get stepped on.

how much do those 10w7's run fug. would like to get them put into mine tired of mine kinda they sound good just not what i want, and could you post some pics of your setup when you get a chance would like to see it. I used to have 2 jl w3v2 10's in my old truck reg. cab and they pounded. Would like to go back to jl.

I am running ONE JL audio 12in. sub with a 250/1 JL audio amp in a JL audio "stealth box", i have absolutely NOTHING to complain about... it hits nice crisp and clean solid bass... i am more than pleased with it.... for comparrison i has two 12in kicker comps and a 300 watt JBL amp in my S-10 and this single 12in. JL hits just as hard if not harder but never too much...(dont have to worry about someone stealing it either... the box bolts through the body in two spots... its f'n in there to simply say)

580457_52_full.jpg

(heres a close pic of the amp and the lil trim piece i made/carpeted to cover the wires)

580457_51_full.jpg

580457_53_full.jpg

580457_50_full.jpg

I'm running 1 12" Kicker CVR in my 2003 Dodge Stratus RT in a Superbox. It only has a 250w Rockford amp and it thumps real nice. I've went up against 2 and 3 before and they had nothing on me. Then again, my buddy has 2 12" Kicker Comps with a 900w Rockford and they hit so loud in his car that you can hear the trunk rattle from the inside, its friggin hilarious!

how much do those 10w7's run fug. would like to get them put into mine tired of mine kinda they sound good just not what i want, and could you post some pics of your setup when you get a chance would like to see it. I used to have 2 jl w3v2 10's in my old truck reg. cab and they pounded. Would like to go back to jl.

The shop I got them from charged me like 500 a sub i think and then it was another 600 per amp to push those suckers, plus 0 gauge wire, caps, battery, etc. I recommend jl to anyone that is lookin for subs. Also when i put these in I was thinking about putting it 4 kicker 8l7's. There is enough airspace to run all four but I thought it would be awesome to have 10's instead. they aren't cheap, but I highly recommend them if you have the money to spend. I'll get some pics from the shop this weekend and post them for you guys to check out.

You need to get an adapter.. the brand of choice seems to be the PAC adapter because it plugs right into the bose amp and you only have to split one wire for the remote then run some RCA's and a power wire.

here is the thread... http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8123

Putting an aftermarket sub in can get kind of spendy. to get the best sound you need to get an aftermarket deck and the bypass module. You have to get this bypass in order for stuff in your truck to work right, then you run power, rca's etc. When I got my bypass and stuff, since my truck is onstar equipped, the bypass ran me 100 I think. If you don't have that bypass, your airbags and onstar won't work. It just plugs in to the factory harness and it has speaker, power outputs etc. It is definately the way to go, but there is another option. JL audio just came out with the cleansweep this year...check it out. Pretty sweet product, not sure of the price though.

jl audio clean sweep

Hey, saw your original question.

I am running two Diamond Audio 12's (C2 is the name I think) But they hit really hard! :crazy: I like the 12 becuase you can tune them down when you want somthing that is not as hard hitting. Plus the dual 12's can also hit really low, which helps a lot with the sound quality. My box is under the rear seat and both 12's face up. I had to put in some washer spacers under the rear seat to get them to fit. Go with the 12's. You will not be disapointed. I run booth subs off of a 1200 watt sony sub amp at one ome. Plenty of power, even though I could go more power or cleaner power with a better amp.

Louis

:chevy:

i have decided for the simplicity and price i am going to go with the jl audio stealth box that comes with a 12w3 in it.. and run a 500/1 to it. i work in motorcycle sales and i sold a cutomer a bike the other day that owns a audio shop. he is going to hook me up since i hooked him up good after finding out what he does for a living. love my job it has its perks!! should have all the stuff in a couple of weeks.. hope it sounds good one other member on here has the same setup and loves it..

Archived