Billet SS emblems

Jonmalibuss

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These emblems are made from 22 gauge 304 Stainless Steel. I could make them from a thicker material like 16, 11,or even 7 gauge but that would just add to the cost. I could also make them out of billet aluminum, but the cost would be alot higher. Personally, I love to use Stainless Steel onver aluminum because you never have a problem with it. The aluminum will need to be polished and maintained, or chrome plated which would add cost. These were just some quick ones that I made up. The quality of the finished product would be much higher if I were to poduce them. :cool:

I have been on CAD for allot of years. (Mechanical Designe engineer)

I designed/drew a SS key chain that I was thinking about mass producing and then selling on the site with Mervs blessing of course.

I think it would be more cost effective with a water jet cutting machine. Anybody got one?

Thanks George

Ok guys, I can do these for $12 a set.  One set = SS.  You would need 3 sets to replace both fenders and the tailgate of the truck.  Just pm me if you want any sets of these.

Thanks

Make sure to check with Mervz...you don't want to be on the S#&$ List. :thumbs:

:withstupid:

Check w/Mervz FIRST!!!! :thumbs:

I spoke with my CNC guy today a bit more about the emblems he is going to be ordering the cutting tool to beable to cut the correct angle on the edges of the emblems so they will look exactly like the factory emblems. The advantage to cutting them out of aluminum is there are many more options you can do with them such as polish, chrome plate, anodize, brush, etc...

When I do get these started and ready to sell I will be sending them out "raw" it will be up to you the buyer to finish them as you would like since everyone has thier own taste!

Jon

Oh yeah just so everyone knows I already checked with Mervz and told him that I am not doing this for profit just for those who want to have a really nice set of emblems the cost is only in CNC time and tooling! He stated that I am ok'd!

Good point. What would I use on a shopman ss bow tie? I hate to ask in your post, but it hit me when reading your post. Emblems look nice. Get pics of the finished product up. :thumbs:

These emblems are made from 22 gauge 304 Stainless Steel.  I could make them from a thicker material like 16, 11,or even 7 gauge but that would just add to the cost.  I could also make them out of billet aluminum, but the cost would be alot higher.  Personally, I love to use Stainless Steel onver aluminum because you never have a problem with it.  The aluminum will need to be polished and maintained, or chrome plated which would add cost.  These were just some quick ones that I made up.  The quality of the finished product would be much higher if I were to poduce them. :cool:

Archived