Radix Belt

I'm running a shorter belt that I bought from NAPA. I cant say that its stickier, but its much tighter. The belt number ended with 1105, which I thought would be 110.5" long, but it said it was 111" on the package. This is with the 3" pulley.

Rubber? :D

I've never smelt anything burning. I think the standard for belts, at least what I know of them, is the Goodyear Gatorback belt. They have a different tread look to them and are a widely used belt to fight slippage problems.

Another thing you can do is go to a bigger idler pulley than your truck came with stock. Call Magna and have them send you one of theirs. It's a decent amount bigger and replace your stock pulley with it. It will give more belt wrap and surface area for the belt to grip.

I saw less of the black residue after I changed over to both.

Is there a replacement belt stickier then the one that came with the Radix??

I've noticed a burning smell when I get on it hard.

Belt slipping???

I have seen some of the Acuras who switched over to a "snake skin" type belt ... might try something like that

Snake.jpg

Snale2.jpg

Here is the breakdown of how the sizing works for the goodyear gatorback belts:

4 06 111 0

1st digit (4) represents a K section Poly V-belt.

2nd and 3rd digit gives the number of ribs.

4th, 5th, and 6th digit are the length in inches.

7th digit is tenth of an inch.

I can't remember which I was using with my 3.0 pulley I am pretty sure it was a 4061115.

i had the 3.0' and the stock belt and it made alot of noise. I could not find any part number from here to buy other belt so I just remove the pulley and put back the stock one.

Anyone have part numbers for the 3.0' pulley belt? :confused:  :confused:

Are belt sizes for the 5.3 same as the 6.0? I don't know for sure. Just use the guide above and get you a belt 1/2" - 3/4" shorter.

• 9 months later...
Is there a replacement belt stickier then the one that came with the Radix??

I've noticed a burning smell when I get on it hard.

Belt slipping???

WW :cool:

I know this topic is OLD, but i just came back from the store, went for a little jaunt and lined up next to a newer mustang GT. we were both at a stop light, light went green and i hammered it. smoke that fool, but after letting off i did notice some serious burning smell. i know for sure my belt was slipping. I"m ordering the Goodyear Gatorback Poly-V 4061115. Should i get a different tensioner pulley as well?

i went ahead and ordered the new belt, along with Earl's lines ( :D ) from summit racing. they'll be hear on saturday.

Bill, OFF TOPIC, have you down the high beam mod to your truck with the resitstor and what not? just curious.

Archived