Front licence plate bracket

SSjohnson1422

I live in Kansas and dont not need the licence plate bracket that my truck came with.  I was wondering if anyone else has taken their braket off and the easiest way to do it.  Thanks  :flag:

Just take off the plate, and there should be a couple screws behind where the plate is mounted. If you take it off it will leave a couple of ugly holes in your bumper though :throwup:

I live in Kansas and dont not need the licence plate bracket that my truck came with.  I was wondering if anyone else has taken their braket off and the easiest way to do it.  Thanks  :flag:

Just take off the plate, and there should be a couple screws behind where the plate is mounted. If you take it off it will leave a couple of ugly holes in your bumper though :throwup:

:withstupid:

I just had a body shop fill in the holes and paint it again when I did it.

I have requested on all the vehicles I have bought here in Texas to not have the front plate braket installed. Ands do they listen, NO!! i tag my vehicles in Arkansas because it is cheaper on insurance and taxes. I can do that since I have a residence there too.

JOSH

I wish we didn't have to have a front plate in Texas.  :mad:

Me Too. But when I bought the truck, I told the dealer not to mount the bracket. I am not running a front plate, but most cops won't give you a ticket. I have gotten warnings for it, but not a ticket.

I think the cop has to be pretty nitpicky to give you a ticket for it. My 94 Chevy had a custom bumper on it with no front plate, and I had it that way for a little over 4 years. Never got stopped for it. :chevy:

Here in Northern California, I have found cops to be very nitpicky. In Roseville, they just installed all of the red light cameras at all of the intersections, and cops will specifically pull you over for no front plate. I know people that have been pulled over more than once.

I made a "low profile" plate mount for myself out of one of those old dealer-advertising frames. I hated the big bulky stock thing - this makes the front look a lot less 'long'.

I had a little how-to written up, but it looks like it got deleted during some fun-times with the server for the site.

I made a "low profile" plate mount for myself out of one of those old dealer-advertising frames.  I hated the big bulky stock thing - this makes the front look a lot less 'long'.

I had a little how-to written up, but it looks like it got deleted during some fun-times with the server for the site.

If you could repost that, it would be greatly appreciated. :cool:

dealer never installed mine when i picked it up new. never been stopped YET :D but time will tell. there are too maney late model vetts running a round with no frount plates

for me to worry about them comming after me, besides the court house parking lot has

always a couple of vetts parked there... yo judge lets go for a walk in your parking lot

and see what we can see... :D:D

:seeya:

Archived