Tonneau Covers

I have the checker pro Fx and it fit over the tailgate fine and is flush. They say it will hold 800 lbs. I don't know how much snow that is :lol: .But the price is right about $350, you can check out there site. www.checkerpro.com. You can get a lock for it too. It's paintable, haven't got to that yet.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

J&Jmotorsports - I remember you saying that your checker proFX weighed about 40lbs, how is it to handle, being so bulky? Can you get it off by yourself with minimal difficulty? Remember, we have seen your picture, so if you tell me that you can do it, doesn't mean all of us can. :D

SinisterSS - Now that the weather is much more warmer, when soft covers loosen up, how is the flapping while driving? I had a tekstyle a couple of trucks ago and it made me want to go to a hard cover. After my experience with a hard cover (last truck) and having to remove when I needed my "truck", and by the way mine weighed over 100lbs (Gaylord X-2000), it has had me at least looking again into the soft covers. The one thing that was a little irritating was when you're driving down the road at 55+ :D , this thing is flapping like crazy beating against the support ribs. A very noticeable sound with the windows down, even at high speeds.

-Ben

The Access Roll-Up Cover doesn't flap around. One of the trick things about the Access Roll-Up Cover is the tension is fully adjustable via two thumbwheels at the front of the bed. These allow one to either tighten or loosen the tension on the cover for seasonal changes. Very sweet design and I'm still very happy with mine.

Ben, That's really a good point(s). I had wondered about weight for the hard covers and flapping/wind noise for the soft and then I saw your post. Makes me think real hard about whether I want one at all?????

• 3 weeks later...
I might be getting a Gaylord’s x 2000 for my SS but you have to take off the tailgate cape to make it fit.

I didn't like the Gaylord too much. I have a brand new one, never been installed, sitting in my garage for a 99+ chevy/gmc, not sure if it will fit 03s. If anyone is interested let me know. Thing is just way too heavy to get off when you need to "use" your truck.

I just ordered a Fold-A-Cover for my black SS friday it is suppose to be here Wednesday. I'm not sure how it is going to look but it only sticks up 1" and I had one on a 1991 Longbed several years ago. I like the fact that you can leave the tailgate cover and it is lockable and can be folded to carry larger objects.

Ken....

• 2 weeks later...

Archived