FS: STS Turbo kit - still in box

BenKey

If anyone has caught my thread in the engine forum about a possible change in plans, you know why I'm selling. This kit was intended to go on my 408, now 410 stroker motor.

This kit has a GT-70 turbo ($800 upgrade), BOV, and boost controller. Asking $4200. Will match the price of any other location that sells STS kits with the same listed options.

Have the newer pipes coming for the SS - will ship when they arrive.

Can include a Futral Motorsports (FMS) designed custom cam for an addit'l $300 (228/224 .575/.576 115+4). It has 700 miles on it. Also avaialable is a set of 60lb Siemens injectors, same mileage, for $500. These items will only be sold with the turbo.

I will take check, money order, or paypal.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Someone should snap this up -- it's a great price for what you're getting. MSRP on this kit with these upgrades is $5545. You *might* be able to get it at the price Ben's offering it at through a local STS dealer, but I kinda doubt it.

I know you won't get the GT70 upgrade for $800 anymore -- it costs STS pretty close to that much.

is the GT-70 overkill for the stock 6.0?

could/would sts swap down? I hear they are great with cust service

fuel pump included?

injectors extra $?

Thanks...I am interested but know how much more you kit was set up for (ie more ci) and those differences might not make it work for a stock guy like me :confused:

I'll follow this thread... :driving:

Joe, no one's put a 70 on a stock 6.0L yet so the answers are kinda tough. The GT70 will give you more power (a lot more air flow) and won't drop off as "soon" as the GT67 would (I never hit the steep drop off rpm on mine) at the expense of more lag. So where the GT67 would hit full boost at 3000rpm on your 6.0 the GT70 would be higher - maybe 3800-4000 (On my 408, we're guesstimating 3400 rpm, but then again when I upgraded Ben had the only other 408-GT70 combo so the number is an estimate by Rick Squires based off of his 396 setup). You'd want a bigger stall than with the GT67 I'd expect but Zippy or TJ could tell you for sure.

As far as trading back to STS, I dunno. You'd have to ask them. I still have my GT67 a would consider trading around with you if you end up going for it.

Fuel stuff are options with the STS kits, and if you stick with the 70 you need those 60s from Ben. If you go GT67 43#s will work. You at least need a 255lph inline with the 67 and more for the 70.

I can tell you more how the 70 acts on my 408 in the next week or so and that should give us a better idea of how it would work for stock cubes.

If anyone has caught my thread in the engine forum about a possible change in plans, you know why I'm selling.  This kit was intended to go on my 408, now 410 stroker motor.

This kit has a GT-70 turbo ($800 upgrade), BOV, and boost controller.  Asking $4200.  Will match the price of any other location that sells STS kits with the same listed options.

Can include a Futral Motorsports (FMS) designed custom cam for an addit'l $300 (228/224 .575/.576 115+4).  It has 700 miles on it.  Also avaialable is a set of 60lb Siemens injectors, same mileage, for $500.  These items will only be sold with the turbo.

How about a partial trade for a 69 Chevelle? :dunno: Going to be selling it real soon, and would be interested in a partial trade.

If anyone has caught my thread in the engine forum about a possible change in plans, you know why I'm selling.  This kit was intended to go on my 408, now 410 stroker motor.

This kit has a GT-70 turbo ($800 upgrade), BOV, and boost controller.  Asking $4200.  Will match the price of any other location that sells STS kits with the same listed options.

Can include a Futral Motorsports (FMS) designed custom cam for an addit'l $300 (228/224 .575/.576 115+4).  It has 700 miles on it.  Also avaialable is a set of 60lb Siemens injectors, same mileage, for $500.  These items will only be sold with the turbo.

How about a partial trade for a 69 Chevelle? :dunno: Going to be selling it real soon, and would be interested in a partial trade.

No thanks. The last thing I need is something else to drop money into. A boat and my truck is all my marriage can handle.

Joe, no one's put a 70 on a stock 6.0L yet so the answers are kinda tough.  The GT70 will give you more power (a lot more air flow) and won't drop off as "soon" as the GT67 would (I never hit the steep drop off rpm on mine) at the expense of more lag.  So where the GT67 would hit full boost at 3000rpm on your 6.0 the GT70 would be higher - maybe 3800-4000 (On my 408, we're guesstimating 3400 rpm, but then again when I upgraded Ben had the only other 408-GT70 combo so the number is an estimate by Rick Squires based off of his 396 setup).  You'd want a bigger stall than with the GT67 I'd expect but Zippy or TJ could tell you for sure.

As far as trading back to STS, I dunno.  You'd have to ask them.  I still have my GT67 a would consider trading around with you if you end up going for it.

Fuel stuff are options with the STS kits, and if you stick with the 70 you need those 60s from Ben.  If you go GT67 43#s will work.  You at least need a 255lph inline with the 67 and more for the 70.

I can tell you more how the 70 acts on my 408 in the next week or so and that should give us a better idea of how it would work for stock cubes.

Erik,

How much boost were you running with the GT-67 ?? I hate to admit it, but when i was setting up my boost controller, I accidentally had it up to high and ended up hitting around 16 psi in first gear :banghead: it came on really fast, but i couldn't believe how hard it was pulling, I got lucky it didn't screw anything up. All i can say is, i didn't feel like it wanted to quit and i shift at 6200. Now i have it down to 8 psi in first, but in second it goes to 12 psi instantly. The only problem now, is the fact that my boost controller is totally closed, so i can't go any lower. :eek:

Eric,

How much do you think Chuck from All Pro would charge to install all of this? Is there anything else I would need to do to the truck, like Trans work or anything else to make this work. My truck is my only vehicle and I need it to be dependable. I am very interested in this setup, just need some more info. I read about all the work you and Ben are doing and I cant be without my truck that long.

Thanks

Archived