Truck lurchs forward when started

Does anyone have the problem of their truck lurching forward when started, when it is in park? The delear cant find anything wrong with it, but it lurches forward sometimes a few inches to a foot when it is started. It does it when it is cold or really warm outside. And i cant get it to do it when I need it to show the dealer.And I dont want to run into the back of someone and it be that prolbem. I anyone has this prolbem please let me know what it was so I can get it fixed THANKS.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's my theory! Simply, cold tranny fluid.

Even though it's in park, the engine still turns the pump in the tranny. There is always a little back and forth play in the parking pawl. If you park with the truck on any incline, even very slight, so all the play is backwards, (a nose higher incline) then when you cold start, the truck could jump the amount of the play. Test it by backing into the spot that it always does it in and trying a cold start.

Butch 02 Sierra Denali

Hey dan

I'm in Aurora. Acouple of weeks ago when it was minus 20 something I lost all the dash instruments and the microphone thingie in the headlliner was buzzing for about 15 min

sorry to get off topic but how about an Ontario meet some day?

Doug

An Ontario meet sounds good. Perhaps we can trade notes on how to get some of those interesting upgrades up North here. In the next couple of months I'm expecting to do an Outlaw CAI and a PCMFORLESS on my stock 2003.

Regards,

Dan

:chillpill:

Mine has slowly been getting worse. It even does it after a long trip you can put it in park and rev it up to 3500 and it does it, so it is not only when it is cold.At least now I dont feel like such and idiot tring to explain it to the dealer knowing im not the only persons truck that it does it to. Its kinda nice knowing that a bunch of people enjoy the SS as much as I do. If i figure out anything I'll let everyone know.

Thanks,

Ben

Archived