Truck lurchs forward when started

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

most will give a slight roll forward if they are on a flat ground because the converter will still spin the input and unless the forward clutches are wiped out they try to spin everything. if you were to have the truck on a hoist or jackstands you'd see that in neutral it will spin the wheels forward from this same condition. if you get a leak that allows fluid to enter the forward clutches even when the trans is in park/neutral it will lurch forward when started. not sure how bad yours does it, but i'd take it in...

yeah what is that mic looking thing in the headliner that d walker mentioned?

It isn't a mic. It is the cabin air/temp sensor for the climate control. Mine buzzes really loud when it is cold. I asked the dealer about it. They said not to worry unless it was really excessive then they would replace it.

the fluid has to accumulate, it is a small leak and would take some time to build up, mine usually overnight. But I think Zippy said that the service tech could see the movement by putting your truck on a lift w/ wheels off of the ground, and the same will happen. :banghead:

Thanks for setting me straight  j boyd

Only happened once but very annoying!!

Doug

I know what you mean. I need to go to the dealer again. Mine buzzes really loud for 2-4 minutes just about every morning and evening. I'll let you know what they say/do this time. It will be next week sometime. I'm having my truck lowered this week and won't get it back till next week.

Archived