Got a new truck last night

Wizard

Well I liked the look of my SS so much I went out and got a new Black Chevy Colorado Extreme. I will post some pictures of both trucks next to each other, it looks pretty good. I really like the Extreme. The I5 motor is pretty strong. Maybe I should Procharge that too. :devil:

Wizard

Funny Thing. The GM of the dealer owned an SS. So he damn near bent over backward to sell me the Extreme. He about S#it himself when he saw mine. He thought he had done quit a few mods until he looked over what I had done. The window sticker was $28020. I got it for right about 22500. I had some negative $ in my trade in, a damn plain vanilla Ford Ranger. ( damn I am glad to be rid of it).

Wizard

Yeah, I think it looks like a Mini SS also. I just ordered a bedrug and a jackrabbit tonneau cover. Does anyone have any experience with this rectractible cover? I just hope it is pretty waterproof.

Wizard

If its anything like the bedlocker then it will be pretty damn waterproof.  Mine is at least.  I love my bedlocker.

Its not the same as the Bedlocker even though it is made by the same company. I have installed both and the Bedlocker is a much better unit. It's not just a Jack Rabbit with a motor, it is an all together different cover. I would stay clear of the Jack Rabbit at all costs. It is very thin Aluminum with a Vinyl top layer.

The Bedlocker is thicker anodized Aluminum Slats and much better quality. Besides that...its really cool to push a button and have your tonneau open. You should see peoples jaws drop when it open and closes without touching it!!

I have also had problems with the Jack Rabbit leaking since the day I installed it.

Well I liked the look of my SS so much I went out and got a new Black Chevy Colorado Extreme.  I will post some pictures of both trucks next to each other, it looks pretty good.  I really like the Extreme.  The I5 motor is pretty strong.  Maybe I should Procharge that too. :devil:

Wizard

Nice you should check out www.coloradofans.com website lots of good info and good people there just like here.Also look in the mod section someone is in the process of testing out a turbo setup for one.

Oh and congrats on the new truck i just purchased a new z71 silvy tonight myself. :flag:

I believe that the Colorado now has the same 6 wheel bolt pattern as our trucks. I think I found a great place to put my stock 20's. :thumbs: I am going to bolt them up this weekend and them find the correct tires to put underneath. I have seen pictures of the SEMA concept Colorado SS. I think I will make my own. :devil:

I believe that the Colorado now has the same 6 wheel bolt pattern as our trucks.  I think I found a great place to put my stock 20's.  :thumbs: I am going to bolt them up this weekend and them find the correct tires to put underneath.  I have seen pictures of the SEMA concept Colorado SS.  I think I will make my own. :devil:

You can use your stock ss 20" rims but i have heard that they will need to be machined a bit before they will fit, i think the back spacing might be different.

Archived