Part 4 is just out

wkdivr,

We dyno'ed on the road. We have a few types of dyno's that we can use to measure Tq and HP on a flat level road. Consistent results with all of our dyno's have been shown with a Mustang chassis dynamometer. By performing the dyno on the road we are using the actual vehicle loading to obtain the actual drivetrain losses.

I'm not sure why this happens but if you log your mass air flow rate in g/sec using AutoTap, this g/sec value is very close to what the wheel HP is. So if you log your engine RPM and g/sec, you will have your HP versus RPM at the wheels. To find your torque value at a particular RPM, multiply your g/sec by 5252 and divide by your RPM.

Tq = (g/sec) * 5252 / RPM

This will be your Tq in lb-ft.

No CHP yet overhere :sigh: , on the forums overhere(netherlands, europe) i hear a lot of negative respons about getting hotrod and CHP. :banghead:

Chiel,

Part 4 is suppose to be available on www.chevyhiperformance.com eventually. I don't know when it will be posted. Parts 1 -3 are not available on the CHP website. I will talk to the editor to see if there are any legal problems if someone scans and posts the previous parts. With everybody suing everybody these days, I think its best to make sure that posting the previous parts is OK so this website doesn get sued for $1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 for loss of magazine sales.

• 3 weeks later...

Great mag you guys put out and definitely made a customer out of me. I would also like to know if you have any available back issues for those of us that missed the previous parts. Thanks again for all your hard work and testing you've provided to us readers.

Archived