Part 4 is just out

Part 4 to the Silverado SS saga is just coming out (May issue). At the end of Part 3, we pulled at 13.21 at 101.24. At the end of Part 4, we pulled a 12.79 at 102.89. Chuck Downs got a mention for supplying us with a stock air box to hack. This website got a plug too. The other air box donor chose not to have their name published.

The intercooler pump circuit schematic somehow got left out of print. Let me know if you want it and I can e-mail it to someone willing to post it.

If you like the Silverado SS series or hate it, let the magazine know. Your feedback provides guidance on what you want the magazine to focus on. Please post your questions here - I'll do my best to answer them.

There is an upcoming article about DIY OBDII tuning coming out soon based on the HP Tuners and the Silverado SS. I think this will be out in two months (July issue).

may be a stupid question... but what saga is this??? ive only been gone for 2 days and im just hearing about this now.... magazine or something? someone throw me a frickin bone or somethin haha

Thanks for the "heads up". I am really enjoying this series on the SS, in fact, I became a subscriber while following this series, Part 3 arrived in my PO BOX and I can't wait until Part 4 arrives.

Michael

I just got to read part 4 today, and it seems really good. Also I didn't see a dyno in part 4, and I think that even in the article it mentioned that there was supposed to be a dyno graph saying that you got an additional 20 rwhp or so from the changes. I LOVE the Silverado SS series. I will write in and tell y'all how much too! I really like the pic of the SS against the Lightning in the beginning, and the comment at the very end of the article. It was great!

Aaron

If you like the Silverado SS series or hate it, let the magazine know.  Your feedback provides guidance on what you want the magazine to focus on.  Please post your questions here - I'll do my best to answer them.

There is an upcoming article about DIY OBDII tuning coming out soon based on the HP Tuners and the Silverado SS.  I think this will be out in two months (July issue).

I became 2 weeks ago member of CHP and waiting for my first book :thumbs:

Have to wait longer overhere :banghead: missed the first 3 parts of the serie :banghead: 3 april the strip opens and hope to make 13.5 :thumbs:

if my trailblazer t.c. arives on time :nonod: i have hptuners and love to see an easy to read and understand article, its not so easy if english is not your first language :D

I just got to read part 4 today, and it seems really good.  Also I didn't see a dyno in part 4, and I think that even in the article it mentioned that there was supposed to be a dyno graph saying that you got an additional 20 rwhp or so from the changes.  I LOVE the Silverado SS series.  I will write in and tell y'all how much too!  I really like the pic of the SS against the Lightning in the beginning, and the comment at the very end of the article.  It was great!

Aaron

Aaron,

You're right they didn't print the dyno graph (it was actually a graph that summarizes all 4 parts). How this works is that I submit the article (text and figures) then I don't see it until it is in print. Any volunteers to post the circuit schematic and dyno graph?

If you like the Silverado SS series or hate it, let the magazine know.  Your feedback provides guidance on what you want the magazine to focus on.  Please post your questions here - I'll do my best to answer them.

There is an upcoming article about DIY OBDII tuning coming out soon based on the HP Tuners and the Silverado SS.  I think this will be out in two months (July issue).

I became 2 weeks ago member of CHP and waiting for my first book :thumbs:

Have to wait longer overhere :banghead: missed the first 3 parts of the serie :banghead: 3 april the strip opens and hope to make 13.5 :thumbs:

if my trailblazer t.c. arives on time :nonod: i have hptuners and love to see an easy to read and understand article, its not so easy if english is not your first language :D

Chiel,

The purpose of the OBDII article is to provide some initial exposure to OBDII tuning and the capabilities and state of the technology as it stands today. It is by no means complete. There are several internet articles which discuss this tuning in far more detail than can possibly be provided in the article.

Archived