Rattle

2003SilvSS

Has anyone ever heard this noise before? It is caused from where the door, right about the Bose on the door speaker grill, meets the corner of the dash. I live on a very bumpy road and I drive very slow on this in the A.M.'s. It squeaks/rattles whenever I hit a bump. I can put my finger where the two meet and put a little pressure on it and it all stops... Anyone have any ideas on an easy fix?

Brian

Its not in the dash. The squeek is caused be the front shock rubbing on the frame where it bolts thru. Mine was doing the same thing. GM has a new shock with a nylon bushing to correct it. Should be covered under warranty if you are still within it.

Its not in the dash. The squeek is caused be the front shock rubbing on the frame where it bolts thru. Mine was doing the same thing. GM has a new shock with a nylon bushing to correct it. Should be covered under warranty if you are still within it.

I had a squeak right when I bought my SSS, took it right back to the dealer and they replaced the "upper shock mounts." Still under warranty :) But I'm not sure this is the same prob that 2003SilvSS is having. Maybe there is something you can put in between to keep the squeak to a minimum. If not see what the :chevy: Dealer says (assuming its still under warranty).

You're right, it is not the dash, it is where the door meets the dash. I know this because I can place my finger there and push the joint apart and it quits. I did have a squeak coming from underneat and it turned out to be a rubber bushing underneath the truck. I sprayed a little lubricating oil on it and it quit.

I don't know what I can place there to make it quit making that noise. I do not want to put any oil on the bottom corner of the dash.

I was going to see if I can find any of those little black or gray felt buttons that are sticky on one side and the felt on the other. You would only see 1 or 2 of them when the door is open. Anyone got a good idea where to get a pack of these? I was thinking maybe hobby lobby or something.

Any other ideas would be appreciated. Thanks

Brian

I was going to see if I can find any of those little black or gray felt buttons that are sticky on one side and the felt on the other.  You would only see 1 or 2 of them when the door is open.  Anyone got a good idea where to get a pack of these?  I was thinking maybe hobby lobby or something.

Any other ideas would be appreciated.  Thanks

Brian

Sounds like a good plan, as long as it doesn't look bad. This is more involved for a squeak, but you could pull off the grill and put a small pice of Dynamat on the inside. You could also get a new clip for your dash for the bottom corrner there. That could pull the dash in far enough to stop the squeak.

Just for simplicity, the felt thing sounds like it would work fine.

Archived