Mufflers

i've used about all differenty types of mufflers at one time or another on different vehicles for people. i've been pretty happy with the resonance issue and overall sound of the dynomax ultra flow's. the bullet's are also a nice muffler although they tend to have a bit more resonance. stainless up here in michigan is very nice, but if you are just going to have the rest of the exhaust done in standard aluminized there isn't much point in stainless mufflers. are you going to use the stock tailpipe or are you going with dual all the way back?

Why did you get 30 series?

I wanted it very loud and more low-end torque because, at the time, I was planning on towing a lot. I had the two pipes coming out of the Cat's upgraded to 3 inch and they then went into a Flowmaster Y-collector then into the single muffler. It was the first SS the shop had done and that's what they recommended for what I was planning on using it for. :dunno:

i've used about all differenty types of mufflers at one time or another on different vehicles for people. i've been pretty happy with the resonance issue and overall sound of the dynomax ultra flow's. the bullet's are also a nice muffler although they tend to have a bit more resonance. stainless up here in michigan is very nice, but if you are just going to have the rest of the exhaust done in standard aluminized there isn't much point in stainless mufflers. are you going to use the stock tailpipe or are you going with dual all the way back?

Thanks for sharing your experiences with the mufflers. I think I will go dual all of the way back if it will not cost an arm and a leg and if I can find a shop that will do a good job with mandrel bending. I went to a tuffy muffler and they do not mandrel bend and he said he could just slide the new mufflers in place of the old one and weld it up. I really want the dual exhaust to run side by side with both pipes running right next to each other right out the back under the bumper on the passenger side with two nice tips.

Archived