Front End Troubles

J. Yates

I bought my SS back in September, I can hear and feel popping and roaring noises in the steering. I was wondering if this is normal for this truck or do I have a problem that needs to be looked at.

Mine does it a little also, from a lot of other posts it seems that the steering isn't greesed enough or something.  Mine is an 03 also.    It only does it at slow speeds when i turn sharp.

It is the intermediate steering shaft. They will replace it under warrenty. I don't think it has actually been recalled, just alot of people have problems with them.

I bought my SS back in September, I can hear and feel popping and roaring noises in the steering.  I was wondering if this is normal for this truck or do I have a problem that needs to be looked at.

Thanks for the pics!!!

:withstupid:

Hey, thats what I was going to say!

I bought my SS back in September, I can hear and feel popping and roaring noises in the steering.  I was wondering if this is normal for this truck or do I have a problem that needs to be looked at.

Thanks for the pics!!!

Sorry there are no pics I am new to this and didn't realize where I posted it, besides I also can't figure out how to get my pics on here I tried 3 times and it keeps giving me an error

Thanks for the pics!!!

Sorry there are no pics I am new to this and didn't realize where I posted it, besides I also can't figure out how to get my pics on here I tried 3 times and it keeps giving me an error

Try search there are many posts on how to post pictures on the site, you need to host them at a site such as cardomain.com it's kind of a pain but it works. :thumbs:

Mine does it a little also, from a lot of other posts it seems that the steering isn't greesed enough or something.  Mine is an 03 also.    It only does it at slow speeds when i turn sharp.

fox forma A slow speed growling noise while turning is common with these trucks.

This is what the dealer told me. I have several work orders with this stated on it.

They changed the oil in the front axle and it came out black also there was a lot of fine metal on the magnet of the drain plug. They just put new oil in (orange in color)

The streering shaft noise is a different problem, I had mine greased and they ordered a new shaft the same day. The next trip into the dealership I had the streering shaft replaced.

fox forma A slow speed growling noise while turning is common with these trucks.

This is what the dealer told me. I have several work orders with this stated on it.

They changed the oil in the front axle and it came out black also there was a lot of fine metal on the magnet of the drain plug. They just put new oil in (orange in color)

The streering shaft noise is a different problem, I had mine greased and they ordered a new shaft the same day. The next trip into the dealership I had the streering shaft replaced.

Thanks for the info I am going to take it in the next day I am off work

Archived