Towing bass boat

smit

the towing part should be a breaze with this truck for sure. i would however recomend that you make sure to wash the truck after every time taking it out. lake water tends to be hard on the surface of the wheels and can cause corrosion. keeping the rear wheels clean after you've backed the boat into the water is pretty important.

it will pull it no prob depending on how much sag you get when you hook it up you might have to get a shorter drop ball

You shouldn't have to worry about any sag because there will be no tongue weight. I had a 19ft bass cat with a 200hp mercury on the back and i could pick up the tongue with no problem. :thumbs::thumbs:

I do not make a habit of pulling more than 5000lbs with the SS but I had to move recently and I filled my 24ft trailer up with about 7500 + lbs. I had the weight equalized to minimize hitch weight but it was a long 50 miles. It pulled the weight with no trouble.... stopping was the problem. I had to give it plenty of room. I have been thinking of getting stiffer leafs for a camper but I do not want to change the ride height. Has anyone changed the rear suspension out for say a 1500 HD set up?

I do not make a habit of pulling more than 5000lbs with the SS but I had to move recently and I filled my 24ft trailer up with about 7500 + lbs. I had the weight equalized to minimize hitch weight but it was a long 50 miles. It pulled the weight with no trouble.... stopping was the problem. I had to give it plenty of room. I have been thinking of getting stiffer leafs for a camper but I do not want to change the ride height. Has anyone changed the rear suspension out for say a 1500 HD set up?

i've towed 6875 travel trailer with mine, pull no proublem, stopping sucks even with e.brakes. even under 5000 lb. if you don't have a weight distrabution hitch now get one there will worth it keep the weight on the frount where it belongs and it will bring the back end up where it should be. the that i have is rated at 10.000 lb.

as for the 1500 HD springs :nono::puke:

:seeya:

Archived