5 link rear end conversion

6.0ss

Hey guys, Wondering if there is a 5 link conversion for our rear suspension. It would sure ride better with a 5 link back there instead of our Leafs! does any one know about one? Im sure I can fab one from a tahoe or caddie but would be nice to have a kit!

Just wonderin!

• 2 months later...

Yes, Air Ride Technologies sells a 5-link with bags. It is a tremendous improvement. They are set up for dropping the truck 7"-9", but I just put some 3" cups under the bags to space it up for a total of 4" rear drop on a 2wd reg cab. I towed a 5000lb. boat & trailer no problem. Just be sure to get the QA1 shocks that are adjustable for jounce AND rebound. The bags are a little bouncy sometimes.

Talk to Tony at Air Ride, ridetech.com

Also, GM actually installed a 5-link from a Tahoe into the reg cab SS we did for SEMA in 02. This was by no means a bolt-in deal, but Wheel to Wheel built the truck and they are the ones to talk to for sure.

-Jeff

FYI, AirRide no longer carries QA1's, they carry Chris Alston's Chassis Works 'Varishocks' brand shocks exclusively now (this, in spite of the photos on their site....).

Still trying to figure out how to get that sports car feel from a 5800 lb truck.... :D

Thanks for the info.  :cool: A way to get a "sports car ride"  would be with better shocks and a good sway bar kit.  If you are intersted in a sway bar kit contact Tom Frederico at [email protected] .  It will make it ride a lot better, there might be a group buy on them in a bit.

so is that a custom SOLID bar? Similar to the Herb Adams B-Body stuff??? Cause I want som good sway bars...not this stuff for other trucks, we drive SSS they deserve better :D

Yes, Air Ride Technologies sells a 5-link with bags.  It is a tremendous improvement.  They are set up for dropping the truck 7"-9", but I just put some 3" cups under the bags to space it up for a total of 4" rear drop on a 2wd reg cab.  I towed a 5000lb. boat & trailer no problem.  Just be sure to get the QA1 shocks that are adjustable for jounce AND rebound.  The bags are a little bouncy sometimes.

Talk to Tony at Air Ride, ridetech.com

Also, GM actually installed a 5-link from a Tahoe into the reg cab SS we did for SEMA in 02.  This was by no means a bolt-in deal, but Wheel to Wheel built the truck and they are the ones to talk to for sure.

-Jeff

that'd be this truck for those not familier with the project he's speaking of.

click here

ssregcab.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived