Corvettes & SS's???

For the Southern California people:

My parents are members of a Covette club and an off-shoot of that club is the C6 club. The local c6's have a monthly meet organized where they get some "spirited driving" in thru some twisty canyon roads and stop for food, pictures, etc.

I suggested the idea to them that we get the 'Corvette of Trucks' and the Corvettes together for some fun... obviously we'll be bringing up the rear, but it'd still be fun to meet up w/ another enthusiast group for a run... what do you guys think? I want to gauge interest before commiting to be there.

Heres the info from their site:

For April -We are thinking of meeting at The Block for 1/2 hour morning coffee (Krispy Kream), going through Santiago Canyon to Cooks Corner for a 1/2 hour pit stop and then taking the Ortega Highway through the mountains to Tom's Farm in Perris off the 15 Freeway. I will bring my digital video camcorder so we can take some good video going thru the twisties. This will probably be a 5 hour trek from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Sunday's trip lasted 4 hours because we spend quite a bit of time at the Krispy Kreme's and at Cooks Corner.

For May - we can take a ride from The Block to Huntington Beach, up the coast to Neptune's in Malibu and back thru the mountains. We can pick people up on the way if it is near where you live.

Let me know what you guys think... we may not be faster than any of them, but it'd be alot of fun to cruise with them. :driving::cool:

Sounds like a good time to me...when in April?

I'll try to get more details posted, but I want to make sure that we'll make an appearance w/ enough guys first... I'd hate to just show up w/ 3-4 guys and look like a bunch of rookies... if we're gonna jump in on someone elses party we need to make it worth our time.

Dylan...

Thats a great idea man...i LOVE corvettes i grew up with um and i think that would be sooooo much fun...i think we should do it FOR SURE!!!!!!!! that would be sooo sick and im definitely in!!! my ex-girlfriends parents have 2 C5's (2001 and 50th ann.) and just ordered a C6 (black on black) two weeks ago! (SO JEALOUS!!!) so well bring one of the vettes sometime too! i think it would be fun just to have Corvettes and SS's together!

-Shane :thumbs:

• 3 weeks later...

Reviving this thread with some new info. Again... I don't want to move forward on this unless we can make a decent showing. ASSUMING we'll get the usual guys out for this we'd probably have a solid 6-7 guys, but I'd like to get more before I tell the vette club we'll be there.

Heres the latest info:

Hi Everyone! In case you haven't already marked your calendar:

The next get-together at the Block of Orange (22/5/57 Frwys) will be on Sunday morning, April 24 at 8:00 a.m. After a 1/2 hour coffee break and bull session we will go for a ride thru Santiago Canyon to Cooks Corner for a "rest stop" then on thru the mountains along Ortega Hwy to Tom's Farm on the I-15 for lunch. From there you are on your own or can follow a group back to O.C. up the 91 Frwy. Mark your calendars and don't forget the girlfriend, boyfriend or wife (the girls that came along last time had a great time). Plan on 5 hours for the entire get-together. If you can only make part of the run, meet up at any point. This is an informal get-together and there are no "memberships". This route is full of twisties and ups/downs. Hoping for "top off" / convertible weather. We had 19 C-6's last time - let's make it 25 this time. Hope to see you there! Dave

Still gauging interest... how many local guys are interested?

Archived