An SS disgrace

backinblack

:rant: Other than mine we sold one other used SS at the dealership I work for. Black, of course (do they still make it in other colors?) and being that it's the only other black one in town it often is confused for mine. Well at least before the side exits... anyway about a month ago a friend of mine asked me if I had gotten a flat, I told him no and he said oh I thought I saw your truck running around with the spare on the left rear. After assuring him I wouldn't drive it on the spare (I would rather it stay home that look like crap) I figured out who it was. I had pretty much forgoten about the whole thing untill I was on my way home tonight and just happened to see a black SS ahead of me. Well I sped up to look at it only to see it was riding with the spare tire on the left rear. A FREAKING MONTH LATER!!!! PUT A NEW TIRE ON IT!!!! GET THE RIM FIXED!!! THERE IS NO EXCUSE!!!! NOTHING TAKES A MONTH!!! NOTHING!!! If you can't afford to put a new tire on then it's time to trade the SS in for an extreme and go back to sitting at the little kids table!!!! Rant off. sorry needed to vent

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yup. I know what you mean.  Some people just don't get it.  There's a blue SS around here that has kind of gone to the dogs, too. 

Mr. P. :)

I totally know what you guys are saying, I drove up to the Mall of America over spring break last week and on the way I passed a blue SS with a ladder rack... I was like... no way! I wanted to :puke: It was HORRIBLE. If your going to spend that much on a work truck atleast get a 2500 duramax or somethin.

Yup. I know what you mean.  Some people just don't get it.  There's a blue SS around here that has kind of gone to the dogs, too. 

I totally know what you guys are saying, I drove up to the Mall of America over spring break last week and on the way I passed a blue SS with a ladder rack... I was like... no way! I wanted to :puke: It was HORRIBLE. If your going to spend that much on a work truck atleast get a 2500 duramax or somethin.

No kidding! Don't use an SS for a work truck. :banghead:

It took me over a month to get my bent SS rim fixed. Actually most of that time was finding someone to fix it. Sometimes things take time.

Am I a disgrace if I put drywall in my bed( I have to redo a room in my house)? I thought these were trucks... I am pretty sure my SS bed will see some twigs and such also.

I say who cares if they use it for a work truck, if they need a cool ride and just happen to use it as a work vehicle o'well.. They have a cool work truck.

You should be happy that guy is running around on the spare........makes your truck look even better.

Sure it's a truck. I work mine every once in a while. In fact, this weekend I'll be hauling some junk to the local land fill in mine, but a ladder rack? It just seems kind of crazy to buy an SS to use on a construction site, and get paint and whatever else on/in it. Jmo.

:withstupid::mad::sick::uhoh:

:rant:  Other than mine we sold one other used SS at the dealership I work for.  Black, of course (do they still make it in other colors?) and being that it's the only other black one in town it often is confused for mine.  Well at least before the side exits... anyway about a month ago a friend of mine asked me if I had gotten a flat, I told him no and he said oh I thought I saw your truck running around with the spare on the left rear.  After assuring him I wouldn't drive it on the spare (I would rather it stay home that look like crap) I figured out who it was.  I had pretty much forgoten about the whole thing untill I was on my way home tonight and just happened to see a black SS ahead of me.  Well I sped up to look at it only to see it was riding with the spare tire on the left rear.  A FREAKING MONTH LATER!!!!  PUT A NEW TIRE ON IT!!!! GET THE RIM FIXED!!! THERE IS NO EXCUSE!!!! NOTHING TAKES A MONTH!!! NOTHING!!!  If you can't afford to put a new tire on then it's time to trade the SS in for an extreme and go back to sitting at the little kids table!!!!  Rant off.  sorry needed to vent

I've had my spare on my back right for about a month now. Does that mean I should go buy an extreme? I wasn;t goin to pay $300-$600 because i broke a rim when in can wait because the weather sucks right now. I ended up finding a SS rim for $100 so I'm happy, wasn;t a big deal to me. It is a truck so people are goin to haul stuff. I put my dirt bikes in the bed with all my muddy gear after riding and have heard it a bunch of time"why would you put that in your truck", because its a truck!!! Funny when i go haulin A$$ by them on the highway with all that crap in the back. Some people use their SS just for looks and show, i use mine for both, work and looks so i think its the best of both worlds. I dont know about the whole ladder reack deal but whatever, not my decision. And I'm spent

I've had my spare on my back right for about a month now. Does that mean I should go buy an extreme?  I wasn;t goin to pay $300-$600 because i broke a rim when in can wait because the weather sucks right now.  I ended up finding a SS rim for $100 so I'm happy, wasn;t a big deal to me.  It is a truck so people are goin to haul stuff.  I put my dirt bikes in the bed with all my muddy gear after riding and have heard it a bunch of time"why would you put that in your truck", because its a truck!!!  Funny when i go haulin A$$ by them on the highway with all that crap in the back.  Some people use their SS just for looks and show, i use mine for both, work and looks so i think its the best of both worlds.  I dont know about the whole ladder reack deal but whatever, not my decision.  And I'm spent

:withstupid:

I drove around last summer with my spare on for a little over a week, gee I hope no one hates me for that. I also put my mountain bike in the bed of mine a lot while its covered in mud, so my nice bedrug bed linner is dirty, hope this doesn't mean I'm doing damage to my SS.

Oh, I just got a nice new Yamaha Dirtbike a couple months ago, and I will also be putting that into the bed as well, hope I dont get a ticket from the cops over this.

I dont think using the SS for daily things is bad, but I do see putting a ladder rack on as something that shouldn't be done. But it is a truck and sometimes I need to use my SS as a truck, thats why I didn't put a hard cover one the bed.

I need pictures of my truck on here. I definitley use it as a truck. :)

My bed is all scratched up... It seems like I'm always throwing dirt bikes, street bikes, ramps, mulch, beach crap, surfboards, mountain bikes, and large appliances in there. You'd think I'd get a Rhino lining or something, but a flat-black rattle-can paint job is good enough for me. Plus flat-black rocks.

I go crazy when I'm out driving... where there are mucky puddles and melting snow everywhere... and I see this PRISTINE vehicle also on the road. That's what makes me nutty. I can't fathom cleaning my truck only to get it all dirty again within a 24 hour period. I like to leave a protective layer of dirt and salt on the truck for the winter.

Unless you are paying for it, I wouldn`t waste my time worrying about it.

You know what, you have a very good point. :crackup:

All I was saying is that whats the point in buying a 6.0 liter gas truck if your going to use it for work? You get better mileage in a duramax! For the money, if all I wanted was a work truck I would spend less and get a 3/4 ton even if it's not a diesel. Just my opinoin though... I never meant to make it sound like you shouldn't haul anything, I just can't see putting a ladder rack on it and driving it every day to work.

Archived