NOS or Supercharger

Looking at either installing NOS or a Supercharger on my 03' SS. From everybodies experience, what do you think is better? I don't drive it much and don't have a very big budget right now for a blower. Whats safer for these trucks? Wet or Dry system? And how big of a shot can you put to it safley? What Nitrous system do you recommend. Thanks for any info.

Nitrious is frowned on up here ... and you can smell it when you use it ... can't brag very much if you have to use Nitrious to beat someone. But that is just up here ... I haven't been around too much racing other places.

Its all in how much money you want to spend $1000 vs $5000. I went with the Nos. With my 150 shot i would challange any of you stock sc guys . If i had the extra money yea i would have got a radix but now with the nitrous i dont think a supercharger would compete with it. Unless you went to a drastic pulley swap.

:pop:

There is a sc SS around town maybe i will get up with him and see what happens. :P

hp is hp. Doesn't matter how you get there. Nitrous will save your tranny in the long run, used wisely. It's not a constant beat on all your parts.

You don't need to be on a budget to use nitrous, but it is less expensive to use. But then again, I would never consider using it on the street. Strictly a track use item for me. If I ever get.

nitrous is the best bang for your buck, but id rather have just the supercharger. if you dont mind spending a ton of money do both. :jester: trannys can get really expensive.

i think the radix, billet servos, shift kit, and a custom tune will do you wonders. you will have the power ALL the time and shouldnt be to hard on an otherwise stock tranny. IMO. :thumbs:

Spend the same money (if not less) on a stroker 408, have nearly the same power (potentially more) as a supercharger, then have the ability to throw 200-250 shot of N2O at it. And if done right, your tranny will survive. In theory, of course - not proven - yet. And, you still have the power there all the time.

Archived