How long should i set aside to paint calipers?

Painting the calipers really would only take a coule an hours or so. It tok me the better part of a day because I was pretty lazy about it and took several long breaks while watching the race last Sunday. I would suggest just setting one end up on 2 jackstands, getting that end done and move on to the next. Masking is really easy, I just took a walmart bag and put it over the whol rotor and taped off the caliper. Then I used a couple of big trash bags to tape in there to make sure no overspray got anywhere.

That caliper spray paint dries really fast they suggest 5 minutes between coats and then an hour before you put the wheels back on. I did 4 coats.

I didnt have any problem with the brush on G2. I applied and let dry went back and put on a second coat let that dry for about an hour put wheels on and let it sit over night put my caliper graphics on the next day and they have looked great since. Just make sure calipers are clean and dry.

I didnt have any problem with the brush on G2.  I applied and let dry went back and put on a second coat let that dry for about an hour put wheels on and let it sit over night put my caliper graphics on the next day and they have looked great since.  Just make sure calipers are clean and dry.

I used the Duplicolor, but for some reason it took 5-6 coats. I cleaned the calipers with cleaner included, washed with a mild detergent and wiped dry, and then even lightly sanded them down. There just always seemed to be spots that did not take the paint. It was worth the trouble b/c they do look good.

By the way Craig, I am still interested in those decals. I will PM you when the other guy makes up his mind.

how much does this mod cost?? im looking to maybe do it within a months time, just need to know if it costs much.. and by the way MWARREN we have the same lid!! i havent seen or heard of too many ppl with our lid.. how much did you get it for painted and installed?

how much does this mod cost?? im looking to maybe do it within a months time, just need to know if it costs much.. and by the way MWARREN  we have the same lid!! i havent seen or heard of too many ppl with our lid.. how much did you get it for painted and installed?

The caliper paint kit I used was $15 at Advanced Auto Parts. I got the tonneau cover for $850 painted and installed. I do not have any of the options with it, like the carpeted inside or power lock.

For the calipers I used the G3 kit comes with paint brush and brake cleaner. Got on ebay for $24. Only took 2 coats and I didnt have to mask anything just had to be careful not to get paint where I didnt want it.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived