TEA StgII 77cc O-ring'd Heads for sale

BenKey

I have decided instead of trying to re-work my heads, I am going to start fresh and get a completely new set. So, selling the ones I have.

These heads are Total Engine Airflow (TEA) heads - 317 castings, same casting as stock heads. Have been ported to 77cc, effectively lowering your CR to 9.6:1 - rough figure. This will allow slightly more timing vs boost without KR. They have a .040" stainless wire embedded around the combustion chamber for a tighter seal for boosted applications.

If you don't have a boosted application, you can have these heads shaved to bring the CR back up into the 10s range easily. You will loose the wire in the process.

Comp 921 double springs

Titanium retainers

2.02/1.55 Ferrera valves

Flow data

lift int exh

.1000 73.1 46.5

.2000 152.0 105.8

.3000 215.8 160.5

.4000 256.0 198.8

.5000 284.5 226.9

.5500 295.7 237.1

.6000 290.1 243.4

These flow numbers were flowed on a 3.90" bore, a 4" bore would be slightly higher.

Asking $1500. These heads are over $2500 brand new with the options that have been added. They have only about 5000 miles on them total.

No core required, so you keep or sell your stock heads, which have a street value of about $500.

These go on ebay in a few days.

I tell you what, had I not already got a set of used Patriot heads, I would have already sent you the money.

Someone should snatch these up. $1500 it is a good deal considering all that was done to them and the upgraded parts included.

I can personally speak up for these heads. TEA does some of the best GEN III heads on the market. Those 921 springs are rated for high lift cams and are top of the line.

Honestly, if I didn't already have a set of TEA heads, I'd buy these (again).

Thanks guys. :thumbs:

I would have thought that guys running STS, or other, would want to relieve some of the CR these motors have stock and jumped at them. Although they can be used to get 10.5 or so, on a stroker setup even.

Time will tell.

I wouldn't suggest using them on a 5.3. The chambers are too wide and your compression ratio will be way too low. You need some unmilled stage 1 LS6 heads.

These are very well suited for an LQ9 or LQ4 owner who wants to really get the most from forced induction, or anyone building a stroker.

I've seen these heads in person and currently own a set of TEA heads. I wouldn't use any other brand at this point.

Well, I guess I'll just have to get 6.0L then, huh?

:D

I know about TEA head quality....that's the reason for my interest. I guess I'll just have to skip this, and wait for my 5.3L to die. The way I drive, that will be a while.

Those heads were 6L castings that were opened up even more for his FI application. On a 5.3 motor, the compression ratio would drop to about 8:1, which would really kill throttle response.

Will they bolt on the 5.3? YES

Would they be a beneficial addition? NO

Those heads were 6L castings that were opened up even more for his FI application.  On a 5.3 motor, the compression ratio would drop to about 8:1, which would really kill throttle response.

Will they bolt on the 5.3?  YES

Would they be a beneficial addition?  NO

thanks, I understand what a 317 is.

but I do keep forgeting about the 77cc chambers......I keep thinking 72cc for some reason

Archived