Holy Blue Oval...

Dr Mike

i really like the look of that truck, but i forgot it is a sporttrac. my dad used to drive one of those a few years back. it was a decent ride, but it seemed like driving a go cart around...not a truck.

he sold it within 6 months of buying it new and bought a real mans truck...the silverado.

Well, some of you guys better be saving for the mods then.......... because the Adrenalin is coming. It will be here in a bit over a year.

That 390hp engine isn't just any engine, it is basically the 03/04 Cobra engine. You know, the one that really produces about 420hp and 425lb ft of torque.......... stock (dyno 360-380hp to the wheels, and a little higher in the torque). Also, the Adrenalin is expected to weigh about 4300lbs. This puts it 400lbs lighter than the Lightning, with a 6-speed auto, and AWD. With the blower, it will make most of that torque immediately............ which should move it damn well. Hint........... don't line up with one at a light unless you are packing something serious. :)

Most of us are expecting it to be significantly faster then a stock 2001-2004 Lightning (which was saddled with more weight, a 4-speed auto, and RWD).

For those who are not in the know, the current Sport Trac is based on the 1995-2001 Explorer chassis, not the 2002+. This severely hinders its driving dynamics (and about everything else also). The Adrenalin is based on the completely redesigned Sport Trac that will be here shortly. This time it is based on the current (and updated at the same time the Sport Trac comes out) Explorer chassis. This includes IRS, a much stiffer frame, a much better front suspension, and much better dynamics. The new Sport Trac is longer, wider, and slightly taller than the outgoing model.

Needless to say, me and the hubby are planning for a new purchase ............ oh............. somewhere a little over a year from now ;) Hey, the L will be paid off, and it needs a new friend. :D

On a side note, for the bucks that GM will be charging for the TB SS (knowing GM, I have to "assume" it will be quite a few), couldn't they have done something to make that tupperware, nasty interior look better??? (I do like the seats). Damn those things need a major interior redesign. Yuck.

Sorry, I like the TB SS............. especially from the outside. I just wish they would do better.

Archived