Cam ordered

Really.  I just ordered my heads this morning and the turn-around is about 3wks.  That's the kind of delays in building motors that is the cause for lengthy builds.

:D I ordered my heads yesterday and they should be here by next thursday :jester:

That's because the guy on the other end is really :cool: ---- ;)

I was wrong it is 591/595, I picked it up last night with my motor.  Hope to have it running by sunday.

i think you'll have the quickest turn around on a 408 yet if you get it running this weekend.

Zippy.........hush! :banghead:

lol, it's ok. the camaro hasn't had anything done to it other than taking the blower off and i bought that before the kansas meet last year. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

• 1 month later...

Getting close to rebuilding.

My pistons should be finished in about 3 days. Diamond lost my order and they promised to get them done by next week. I had to order custom pistons for 4.040" sized cylinders. Had to use Diamond. Others could do custom sizes, but charged hundreds more - many hundreds. Diamond only charged $65 more.

SVO 42lb injectors vs 60lb injectors are going in. I know - Ford parts. It just so happens though, that SVO injectors are some of the most consistent injectors on the market. Used a lot in the f-body world.

Patriot adjustable shaft mount rockers are going in, along with CompR lifters.

Camshaft should be here in about a week. Same one in the beginning of the thread.

Heads are finished and I am extremely pleased with the looks and flow data. Numbers were:

Lift int exh

.1000 70.5 51.1

.2000 145.6 117.0

.3000 213.0 171.6

.4000 268.1 230.3

.5000 307.2 257.5

.5500 321.3 262.5

.6000 337.4 267.7

I would like to say that it'll be ready to drop in, in about 2wks. But.....

Really.  I just ordered my heads this morning and the turn-around is about 3wks.  That's the kind of delays in building motors that is the cause for lengthy builds.

:D I ordered my heads yesterday and they should be here by next thursday :jester:

That's because the guy on the other end is really :cool: ---- ;)

:lol: i just saw this....

:wtf:

Archived