LS2 and built 4L65 or Boost

fordsareslow

I have come across a deal on a complete LS2 crate motor, and was just wondering what you all think I should do. I can get this complete motor for around $4000 and get a built tranny for a little more and have a pretty quick truck, or I can turbo or supercharge my 5.3 for about the same amount. If I do the LS2 and built tranny, I could sell my motor and tranny and have $ to mod the LS2. Do you all think that it would be worth the hassle of swapping the motor and tranny out, or just go for the boost? :dunno:

if its the same amount of $$, why not go for a better, and new engine, and a better, and new tranny with 0 miles on them. it might be alot of work, but you will appreciate it much more. that sounds like a great idea. i would definalty do the LS2 swap if i were in your shoes. your truck would be the envy of many people :cool::cool:

Intake, tb, injector connectors, water pump, crank pulley (if not all pulleys), are at least different.  May be some PCM stuff also.

do you think the TB on the LS2 would fit on our engines, and would it be a worthy mod???

thanks

From what I understand, the TB will work and is larger, but unless you swap the intakes as well, your results show zero improvement.

I think I will end up going with the LS2, I wonder what I can get the crate LS2 out of the ssr with the truck stuff on it already? Does anybody know the part number for that one? :dunno: I can get GM stuff for really cheap :D just wondering if I could get a crate motor with all of the stuff on it already for a little cheaper. Also, what do you all think my stock 5.3 motor and tranny would be worth? It has 20k miles on it. Maybe a trade for a built tranny and converter :dunno:

Archived