Man them Dodge guys ARE sore losers!!!

fast4popper

I was cruising on I-80 around Des Moines and I see merge on in front of me a Blue dodge ram with white racing stripes, So I tell my buddy, I'm gonna mess with this guy. I start throttling with him and next thing you know I am playing with him at 110MPH. he was all in his throttle, so we took the next off ramp and I noticed his sticker on his door said "Official pace truck" (whatever that means). We hit the first light and he rolled down his window and says "what are you doing?" I told him I was gettin ready to wax a Dodge Ram. he just blew me off with a whatever look to his face. So I asked him what was so special about his truck and his reply was "nothing". the light turned green and I left him standing there. I let out of the gas and he did the classic ricer fly by. so we hit the next light and he asked me where I was.. My reply was

"In front of you!"

he turned left and that was the end of it.

Man they dont like to lose do they!??

thought I'd share with you guys and gals

Yeah I know my friends got a Hemi and everytime I wax his a** he gets all huffy and says that chevy sucks and that I got lucky. Well in that case I've been lucky about 15 times :crackup: Don't sweat it just have fun with them!!!

I think thats one of those Ram SS/T maybe a 1996 with the official pace truck decal. They are called the "Indy 500 special edition". I knew a guy who owned one and later traded it for a lightning. They have a 5.9L 245bhp, auto tranny and a different exhaust. He ran a 17.5 in it I remember, and other sources say its a 17.1 second truck. Just another appearance package. Good kill anyways :thumbs:

I was cruising on I-80 around Des Moines and I see merge on in front of me a Blue dodge ram with white racing stripes, So I tell my buddy, I'm gonna mess with this guy. I start throttling with him and next thing you know I am playing with him at 110MPH.  he was all in his throttle, so we took the next off ramp and I noticed his sticker on his door said "Official pace truck" (whatever that means).  We hit the first light and he rolled down his window and says "what are you doing?"  I told him I was gettin ready to wax a Dodge Ram. he just blew me off with a whatever look to his face. So I asked him what was so special about his truck and his reply was "nothing". the light turned green and I left him standing there. I let out of the gas and he did the classic ricer fly by. so we hit the next light and he asked me where I was.. My reply was

"In front of you!" 

Congratulations - you tried to compare your SS to a guy with a 10-year old truck who obviously doesn't care much for street racing.

At the time all 3 automakers made weak attempts for building a fast sport truck - the Ram SS/T, the 1st Gen Ford Lightning, and the Chevy 454SS - all 3 of them have drivetrains which were optimal for towing and not drag racing. Even after the 2nd Gen Lightning came out, the rest of the trucks still got towing motors. It wasn't until just a couple of years ago that the Big 3 woke up and realized that people actually wanted to buy trucks with some real performance figures, although most of them are still configured for hauling the family or a trailer around.

This isn't a Dodge thing, this isn't a Chevy thing, this is a "Why Compare Apples to Oranges?" sort of thing.

I was cruising on I-80 around Des Moines and I see merge on in front of me a Blue dodge ram with white racing stripes, So I tell my buddy, I'm gonna mess with this guy. I start throttling with him and next thing you know I am playing with him at 110MPH.  he was all in his throttle, so we took the next off ramp and I noticed his sticker on his door said "Official pace truck" (whatever that means).  We hit the first light and he rolled down his window and says "what are you doing?"  I told him I was gettin ready to wax a Dodge Ram. he just blew me off with a whatever look to his face. So I asked him what was so special about his truck and his reply was "nothing". the light turned green and I left him standing there. I let out of the gas and he did the classic ricer fly by. so we hit the next light and he asked me where I was.. My reply was

"In front of you!" 

Congratulations - you tried to compare your SS to a guy with a 10-year old truck who obviously doesn't care much for street racing.

At the time all 3 automakers made weak attempts for building a fast sport truck - the Ram SS/T, the 1st Gen Ford Lightning, and the Chevy 454SS - all 3 of them have drivetrains which were optimal for towing and not drag racing. Even after the 2nd Gen Lightning came out, the rest of the trucks still got towing motors. It wasn't until just a couple of years ago that the Big 3 woke up and realized that people actually wanted to buy trucks with some real performance figures, although most of them are still configured for hauling the family or a trailer around.

This isn't a Dodge thing, this isn't a Chevy thing, this is a "Why Compare Apples to Oranges?" sort of thing.

If this guy wasnt much for street racing why when we were on the interstate was he doing 110mph? why did he do his flyby once he got smoked? He was into racing trust me, the was he was nudging at the stop light told me so as his girlfriend put on her seatbelt. If he didnt want to give it a try then he should not have taken my bait. I am a Dodge guy too I have NEVER owned anything but a Dodge until I bought the SS. A kill is a Kill and if you would have beaten an SS you would have posted it too! :chillpill:

If this guy wasnt much for street racing why when we were on the interstate was he doing 110mph? why did he do his flyby once he got smoked?  He was into racing trust me, the was he was nudging at the stop light told me so as his girlfriend put on her seatbelt. If he didnt want to give it a try then he should not have taken my bait.  I am a Dodge guy too I have NEVER owned anything but a Dodge until I bought the SS. A kill is a Kill and if you would have beaten an SS you would have posted it too! :chillpill:

At first read it seemed like the guy was just out for a healthy play cruise on the highway followed by some one-sided trash talk at a stoplight - if he was dumb enough to nudge an SS/T against an SS at a stoplight then that was completely his error of judgement.

I have beaten a number of SS's in my '01 Dakota R/T when I used to race it at the track regularly. It wasn't worth boasting about, because as in this case it wasn't equal fights - I had a full range of bolt-ons plus nitrous and slicks vs. SS's that were either stock or only a handful of basic mods.

I think it would be interesting to line up my '03 Dakota R/T with a stock SS just for the fun of it, I think the results would be a lot closer than most of the SS owners on this forum would care to believe.

This section is for talking about street race encounters. Just because someone says they beat their neighbors minivan it doesnt mean they were boasting about it, just telling us.

I dont even like to post in this section anymore because their is always someone that thinks that im so cocky when I say I beat the local UPS truck or something.

IMO an SS/T stands for Super Slow Truck, a basically stock SS would mop the floor with one. So if he made the mistake of wanting to run, he should of had a sh*t load of mods to make it close. It proberly went like this at the redlight he was like :lol: and you were like :nono: and then you were like :driving: and he was like :ughdance: . But I'll bet anything you were like this at the end :D and he was like this :mad: good job :thumbs:

At the time all 3 automakers made weak attempts for building a fast sport truck - the Ram SS/T, the 1st Gen Ford Lightning, and the Chevy 454SS - all 3 of them have drivetrains which were optimal for towing and not drag racing.  Even after the 2nd Gen Lightning came out, the rest of the trucks still got towing motors.  It wasn't until just a couple of years ago that the Big 3 woke up and realized that people actually wanted to buy trucks with some real performance figures, although most of them are still configured for hauling the family or a trailer around.

You're completely correct. Chevy, Dodge and Ford made horrible attempts at a sport truck in the '90s, but there was one domestic manufacturer that did make a sport truck (2 in fact) that still holds it's own even against today's modern Sport Trucks. That manufacturer would be GMC.

As for the SS guy, good on ya showing them Dodge boys where it's at. :) Now if only Chevy would come out with something that could actually compete against the SRT10.

IMO an SS/T stands for Super Slow Truck, a basically stock SS would mop the floor with one. So if he made the mistake of wanting to run, he should of had a sh*t load of mods to make it close. It proberly went like this at the redlight he was like :lol:  and you were like :nono:  and then you were like :driving:  and he was like :ughdance: . But I'll bet anything you were like this at the end  :D  and he was like this :mad:  good job :thumbs:

:crackup: That was creative!

Archived