5.3 = 345hp = $?

you're probably going to need a cam to make 345hp. not sure why you need 345hp to shut him up. it takes less to beat him. how do you plan to show your 345hp?

Its more of an "idea" of have more power...I don't plan on strapping the two trucks to dyno's. I would like to stick to "bolt-ons", such as Headers/exhaust, Air Intake (not sure what is best K&N, Volant, ext), and possible chip, or Reprogrammer….but from what I've heard here, that won't be enough to acquire my goal of 345. I'm trying to keep the costs down…My 69 chevelle SS396 is steeling much of my horse power money. Other than cubes, what’s the major difference(s) between the 5.3, and 6.0 HO?

My roommate and I have a rivalry with my buddy. My roommate has a 2003 Z71 ECSB 5.3L he has a AEM Brute force intake, Flowmaster single exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley, and a custom PCM tune. The other guy has 2004 Dodge Ram 4X4 crew cab, Flowmaster cat back and a K&N 77 series intake. My roommate SMOKES him everytime, NO PROBLEM. :crackup: Its great, Even better was when he told me he would smoke me, :crackup: It looked like I crossed the intersection before he made it through the cross walk.

My friend just put down 306/327 in his 03 ex cab 5.3. He is running shorty headers, pcm, 212/218 114, pcm and no cats, cai. before that stuff he was close to 240-250 rwhp. Dont have a cal, but thats over 345 at the crank and it runs fine w/out a tq conv, although with one it would really shoot out of the hole. He is running 4.10 gears too, so im not sure if that affects rwhp or not.

Archived