GMAC financing low APR

OneBadSSS

I was wondering if any of you guys that either work for GM or for a Chevy dealer can tell me if I have good enough credit to qualify for the best rates from GMAC? Right now my credit score (according to equifax) is right at 700. I have NO collections out on me, no accounts overdue, or anything like that. All my accounts are in good standing. I have a few credit cards with balances, but nothing maxed out and I'm gonna try to have them paid off by the time I go looking for my SS (August/September timeframe). Just curious if anyone can shed some light on this for me, thanks!!

how old are you/how long have you had credit? what is your income to debt ratio?

if you have had credit for more than a few years, and make more money than you spend each month, you shouldnt have a problem at all getting finianced. :)

if you show about a 700 score with two out of the three credit agencies with a couple years of credit, you should be good for the best rate. i got two GM vehicle at 0% with nothing down and my debt ratio is bad. i just have never missed a payment or been late on a payment. you might be fine with a 670 score. :dunno:

Yeah, I understand that. I'm currently 22, I'll be 23 in July, I've had a credit history established and starting back as early as 2000. Since that time I've hd several loans out, including one car loan, and I've always been on time with my payments.

Mainly, I'm just concerned that if GM offers 0% for 60 months again around the time I plan to buy my SSS (August/September) that I won't qualify for the rate because they hav some rediculously high credit standards you have to meet or something to get it.

But if you guys think I'm good where I stand know, then I should be golden by the time I start walking onto the lots!

Thanx for all the inputs and keep'em coming if you've got anymore!

700 is a good score, but i dont think it will be enough to get 0% you will prob land around 4.5 or so.You need to be in the higher 7's to get that finance rate imo.

:icon_bs:

I just bought a new duramax and got the 0% with just over 700 (yea, found out there was a collection account from when someone stole my wallet), and was told by a finance manager that earlier that day someone qualified with a 640 and good history.

700 is a good score, but i dont think it will be enough to get 0% you will prob land around 4.5 or so.You need to be in the higher 7's to get that finance rate imo.

:icon_bs:

I just bought a new duramax and got the 0% with just over 700 (yea, found out there was a collection account from when someone stole my wallet), and was told by a finance manager that earlier that day someone qualified with a 640 and good history.

Well it must differ from state to state because at 670 were i was i could not get anything even close to 0% best i could do was higher 5's.When i asked what it takes for 0% he said pretty much perfect credit which is in the 800's.

Well I'm from the Hampton Roads area of VA, where are you guys from that have (and haven't) been qualifying for 0%??

Also, if you don't mind, please include the credit score range/quality of your credit history so I can get an idea of what I'm up against when I go to the deal, thanx!!

Well I'm from the Hampton Roads area of VA, where are you guys from that have (and haven't) been qualifying for 0%??

Also, if you don't mind, please include the credit score range/quality of your credit history so I can get an idea of what I'm up against when I go to the deal, thanx!!

Just don't buy from Priority Chevrolet and you will do okay right off the bat. :banghead:

Benkey, is there any VA Chevy dealer that you would recommend?? I already hate RK (I'v seen several guys from my ship get RAPED on vehicles they bought from RK) and you're saying Priority is hot garbage too, so who do you recommend?

Archived