Got my SSS on Tuesday!!!...

SSSTony

...And I still can't stop smiling! It's a black 2003 w/ 16,000 miles. Apparently the only two options not checked when new were rear underseat storage and the block heater. So it's basically the way I would have ordered one. It also has a Line-X roll-on bedliner treatment. That stuff is so thick, it must weigh a ton, but as this is a functional, daily-driver performance vehicle I'm ok with that.

So is there ANYTHING I can do to the truck without voiding the remaining 1.5yr of warranty? If I know anything, even a K&N would void it. I don't want to do anything major while under warranty, but I was thinking of a cold air induction system and either just a new muffler or maybe a cat-back system for a bit more rumble.

Also, has anyone painted their stock wheels? I want to use the paint code and have them color matched black. Will paint hold up? Or do they need to be powdercoated to be durable? Should I leave the edges bare, because I worry about scratching/chipping when the tires are mounted by the machine and balanced?

Thanks for any help. I look forward to spending time around here.

-Tony

It also has a Line-X roll-on bedliner treatment.  That stuff is so thick, it must weigh a ton, but as this is a functional, daily-driver performance vehicle I'm ok with that.

Line-X is Sprayed in and usually adds about 45 pounds to a full size short bed truck.

Welcome and congrats on the SS. This site is way to addicting so you will need funds. The K&N will not hurt warranty, neither will the exhaust (cat back). Sometimes headers can cause the cat to fail so they can get you on that one. Either way, enjoy the truck... :chevy:

Thanks for the warm welcome. I'm a serious mountain biker and after many years have almost cured my UGI (UpGrade-Itis) for that sport. Now it seems I've been infected with SSS UGI, a potentially much more dangerous strain, due to the increased costs associated with it! :D

Thanks for the warm welcome.  I'm a serious mountain biker and after many years have almost cured my UGI (UpGrade-Itis) for that sport.  Now it seems I've been infected with SSS UGI, a potentially much more dangerous strain, due to the increased costs associated with it!  :D

if you want to cure yourself of UGI , leave this sight now, and never come back.

Archived