WS6 T/A?

SSAlaska

I have seen an auto Firehawk not get under 14. He had exhaust and maybe a tune. Isnt the Firehawk a little bit more powerful?

Now I'm lost...What's the firehawk. I thought the levels of the firebird were Firebird, formula, and T/A, in that order.

My friends car was the one that chevyssandchevy8.1 listed, but was manual. It was just a great run. He rolled the clutch just right and she launched with almost no spin.

Depends what kind of Firehawk he has. The firehawk was built from 1991 or 1992 to 2002. They are sent to SLP after they come off the production line and they add some performance packages to it. They do all the conversion to SS camaros, WS6 trans am, comp t/a, WS6 formula. The latest firehawk the 02 was rated at 345bhp and 350 ft/lbs, due to the SLP firehawk package, such as different exhaust, suspension, wheels, hood with a diferent ram air. They were definately in the low 13s if not faster. I don't know what kind of firehawk danpayne's friend has but the earlier versions were not as fast. The 94 had 300bhp. I think dan's friend one was a pre 98 using an lt1. low 14s and high 13s sound about right for an LT1 firebird.

As a two time F-Body owner, I can tell you this if your not sprayed or blown you will get beat. Your only hope is that the guy can't drive, that's the only way you'll win. Not trying to be mean just stating the facts, those things down right move a lot faster than a lightly modified SS does. But still let us know how it goes and good luck :thumbs:

I'll save you the trouble...been there... done that.

The Mrs. in the Camaro SS (6-speed Vert) vs me in SSS.

She cleaned my clock...bad :banghead:

She still reminds me about it :nonod:

I need a tow strap to keep up with her :sigh:

Nothing a 150 shot won't cure though :D

I'll save you the trouble...been there... done that.

The Mrs. in the Camaro SS (6-speed Vert) vs me in SSS.

She cleaned my clock...bad  :banghead:

She still reminds me about it  :nonod:

I need a tow strap to keep up with her  :sigh:

Nothing a 150 shot won't cure though  :D

Brian,

Is this why she really didn't like you changing the PCM?!? :D

I don't know dude, I used to have a WS6 Formula and that damn thing flat out hauled azz, if he's got the 6 speed and some skillz you can forget about it, but you never know maybe he can't drive, and you can get a good jump on him, you do have traction working in your favor!! Good luck, and let us know how it turns out! :thumbs:

The guy that tunes my truck has a 01 ws6 auto with flowmasters and tune thats all. It out ran my 408 from 20mph up to 110 by about 1 1/2 trucks. We went to the track sunday and he ran a 13.10 with street tires. You will get your ass beat! The SS just don't cut the wind when you get to 75 and up (too much like a bus hitting a wall). I have owned about 10 f-bodys and all would run low to mid 13s factory.

Archived