EFI FlashScan WOW

MN C5

Okay you guys using the new flashscan, now that you've had it a while, tell me what you really think. I know it's light years ahead of edit (at least you can tune in the truck), but how does it compare to HPT?

I originally purchased EFILive Pro way back, so my upgrade to flashscan is only $350. I just got the license for EFILive V7. I need to do this I think, but want an opinion from you guys that have tinkered with it for a while now.

Okay you guys using the new flashscan, now that you've had it a while, tell me what you really think.  I know it's light years ahead of edit (at least you can tune in the truck), but how does it compare to HPT?

I originally purchased EFILive Pro way back, so my upgrade to flashscan is only $350.  I just got the license for EFILive V7.  I need to do this I think, but want an opinion from you guys that have tinkered with it for a while now.

Couldn't tell you how it compares to HPT, as I've only used HPT to read other's tunes, not program. It is info overload, and takes some time to recognize the same data named differently. Overall, EFI Live's support sold me, any question gets a response within 24hrs or quicker, and they are more than happy to incorporate new findings or formulas in the next revision.

I like EFI Flashscan muuuch better than HPT. Some of the reasons are nerdy -- like the IO communications algorithms are just plain better, but most of them are real worldy reasons:

* Permanent notes and history embedded with the tune

* Multiple levels of undo

* Recovery of failed tunes, and detection of low battery states to avoid failed tunes

*Better documentation that is embedded in the GUI (i.e. you open a pid and there is an explaination on the screen -- some of the explainations are a little iffy, but I've personally seen someone post a better one on the EFI forum, and voila, its in the next version).

* The ability to search for a pid -- no longer need to memorize where everything is... You can also tell someone to look in B4307 and they can go straight to it

* comparison between a loaded tune and a saved tune

On and on...

Big :thumbs: to Paul, Ross, and the other guy :)

• 1 month later...

Played around with my flashscan yesterday for the first time. A huge difference over LS1edit. I keep thinking, man...it's got to be harder than that, but it's not.

Already downloaded my current tune and played around some. Sure is nice to not have to get under the hood to make changes. Got a logging file made with the pids I want am nearly set to start tuning/logging with it.

Now....if I can just find a gas station with premium fuel. Hard enough just get gas, any grade around here.

Archived