Regional SS Clubs

I've been thinking...

You see alot of different clubs around (especially here in So Cal) for particular make/models... why not start regional chapters for us SSers?

What really got me started was that my parents belong to the Pomona Valley Covette Owners Club and this year they've raised (thru car shows, community service, raffles, etc.) over $26,000 for a charity they donate to each year.

I'm not suggesting that we can raise nearly that much money... but if we did it right... appointed some regional presidents, financial officers, etc. it could work.

I've seen HEMI clubs, theres the Lightning Owners Clubs, F-Body, Mustang, etc. And being in an ACTUAL CLUB means discounts for members at shows, drags, etc.

So what do you guys think? This would entail us keeping an organized, commited group together with monthly meetings, cruises, etc. Any input is welcome... I'm just curious if anyone else thinks this would work? :dunno:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:cheers:  just make sure there would be a regional close to Arkansas :D

I think it'd be organized by whatever guys are in each area, but follow a universal set of guidlines in each club and then the regional presidents would be responsible for thier guys and organizing meets w/ other chapters.

I've been thinking...

You see alot of different clubs around (especially here in So Cal) for particular make/models... why not start regional chapters for us SSers?

What really got me started was that my parents belong to the Pomona Valley Covette Owners Club and this year they've raised (thru car shows, community service, raffles, etc.) over $26,000 for a charity they donate to each year.

I'm not suggesting that we can raise nearly that much money... but if we did it right... appointed some regional presidents, financial officers, etc. it could work.

I've seen HEMI clubs, theres the Lightning Owners Clubs, F-Body, Mustang, etc. And being in an ACTUAL CLUB means discounts for members at shows, drags, etc.

So what do you guys think? This would entail us keeping an organized, commited group together with monthly meetings, cruises, etc. Any input is welcome... I'm just curious if anyone else thinks this would work?  :dunno:

Im definitely in...

FINALLY! dylan i was bumed when we didnt end up going to the vette meet i was really looking forward to that...i think we need more meets and more CUISING...what happened? its fun just meeting up and cruise i think we should meet ATLEAST once a month...that would be sooo sick!

:cheers: Shane

Good feedback guys.

Like anything that will involve $$$ and time I think it needs an effective business model so I will draft something and I'll post it up for you guys to bounce ideas off of.

Most clubs w/ this level of national organization have membership dues (benefits don't come without cost) so what do you guys think the enrollment should be? What should it cover? What should the requirements be? :dunno:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived