2 Wins in a row for the SS...

Ron's SS

Comin' home from pickin' up a bottle a wine for dinner. I roll up to a red light in a two lane, 45 MPH local road, with another light about 200 yards away... Next to me rolls up a late 70's/ early 80's Porsche. It wasn't a wail tail, had smaller rear fender flares. I did not see any badging. I figured no way will this guy run. He has his teenage son out for a drive in the collector. Boy was I wrong. :banghead: He got a jump on me, maybe a car length or so and I thought why not. SO i put it to the SS and my launch closed that gap real quick and at the top of first (he grabbed second when I was at about 5,600 or so) I had his front end at my tailgate... got into second and kept pullin. Had to slow down at 55. Traffic. :D

Here's the best part; so a blacked out dodge was waitin' at the next light, maybe he saw this, maybe not.... but I roll up to him at about 25 (light turned green on my way there) and he nails it. Man was his exhaust loud, but I got first gear and really embarassed him up to 70 when I had to slow down for my turn... :cheers:

It wasn't a new Porsche or anything, they would kill me, but it made me smile the rest of the way home... :thumbs:

I finally had one on friday with a VW Jetta GTI?? Not sure what it was but I know it wasn't stock. Pulled on him twice at two lights up to 45 mph. That was the first time somebody actually pulled up next to me and gave me the "sign" that they wanted to race. :driving:

skc2121 / srtSSsvt121:

I wish that more people would try the SS. I hardly ever get a race. I did have another kill yesterday. Dodge stratus (new one). This guy really wanted to go and my lane ended in about 250 yards or so. Light turned green, he spun a hair... which means I killed him on the launch. By the end of my lane I already 1.5 truck lengths on him and pulling hard.

Best part; I had to slow down for a turn shortly after... So he comes flyin' up on my a$$, I thought he was going to hit me, so I put on the turn signal and he freaked. Whipped around me into the grass on the side of the road and lost control= almost wrecked. :banghead: Idiot! So instead of turning I tailed him for a couple miles. At every light he would take off and I would jump right on his a$$ to about 75 then back off... well I did this 5 or 6 times then turned around... Just wanted to rub it in a little :thumbs:

Yeah that's what I like to do too. I love rubbing it in someones face when they have a thought it was fast vehicle :crackup: If it has a 4 or a 6 and is not super or turbocharged it is going to lose :cheers:

Yeah that's what I like to do too. I love rubbing it in someones face when they have a thought it was fast vehicle :crackup: If it has a 4 or a 6 and is not super or turbocharged it is going to lose :cheers:

Get ready for a VW R32. If you ever find one race it and you will lose and if it's modded a little, even worse unless you are SC and plenty of bolt ons. And its a all Mota 3.2 V6, so your theory is wrong my friend heh. Those lil cars are frickin quick, and AWD to boot!

P.S: You would have a hard time telling my buddy with his built B18 in his civic the line you just said if you raced him. Those things get nasty as hell. Hehe

-Sam

skc2121 / srtSSsvt121:

I wish that more people would try the SS. I hardly ever get a race. I did have another kill yesterday. Dodge stratus (new one). This guy really wanted to go and my lane ended in about 250 yards or so. Light turned green, he spun a hair... which means I killed him on the launch. By the end of my lane I already 1.5 truck lengths on him and pulling hard.

Best part; I had to slow down for a turn shortly after... So he comes flyin' up on my a$$, I thought he was going to hit me, so I put on the turn signal and he freaked. Whipped around me into the grass on the side of the road and lost control= almost wrecked. :banghead:  Idiot! So instead of turning I tailed him for a couple miles. At every light he would take off and I would jump right on his a$$ to about 75 then back off... well I did this 5 or 6 times then turned around... Just wanted to rub it in a little  :thumbs:

Have to say tho, no offense but that is the exact thing that gets people in trouble on the street and kills people. If your going to race, leave it at that and no need to piss people off more or cause any more trouble. Kinda immature to act like that against any other car and prob just a kid at that. EVERYONE thinks there vehicle is the shit.. Thats all there is to it anymore, so if you beat someone.. shouldn't have to 'rub' it in their face, cuz there are plenty out there that can beat you that would be looked down upon if they 'rubbed' it in your face after, just childish. Sorry..

-Sam

Get ready for a VW R32. If you ever find one race it and you will lose and if it's modded a little, even worse unless you are SC and plenty of bolt ons. And its a all Mota 3.2 V6, so your theory is wrong my friend heh. Those lil cars are frickin quick, and AWD to boot!

-Sam

R32's really aren't that fast for a car (unless you're strictly comparing it to trucks). About a low 6 sec 0-60 and 14 sec quarter at best. They launch nicely with AWD, but 240 HP, 236 lb-ft of torque and a 3400 lb curb weight don't add up to "frickin quick" by today's standards. I raced one in my old Camaro SS (maybe a tad faster than my blown SSS) and pulled it like it was standing still. I wasn't impressed. BMW gets 330 HP N/A out of roughly the same displacement in the current M3. I think an SSS with just a converter, the boltons and a tune could give one fits, even with a few mods.

Also, I agree with you personally that "rubbing it in" after a win in a street race is unnecessary, but it's equally unneeded for you to come onto the board and label a member as "childish." If you're going to preach etiquette, Just try to avoid the insults. :wtf:

CBX59RT:

I agree with no need to rub things in... this guy had is coming. You assumption of the individual "probably just a kid." Well a 45 year old kid maybe. That changes things a little. I am not trying to cause accidents here (he almost did that), however I sometimes feel people need to be taught a lesson in life... ie: He acted like an a#$, flipped out and endangered himself and myself, then had to deal with the fact that all his attitude ammounted to nothing since he still couldn't lose the SS... don't think I am being defensive of my acts... no doubt "rubbing" it in is childish, but who doesn't feel young at heart driving one of these. :chevy:

Also, "they 'rubbed' it in your face after, just childish. Sorry.."... your not sorry, don't lie... I think it is arrogant to post an derrogatory comment and then try to be the nice guy by saying "sorry".. your not sorry, JMO

SSLink:

Would have to agree with you on the R32... it is fairly quick, but nothing out of the ordinary...

It's wild in a way. Back in the late 70's, early 80's (the low point for musclecars) a Porsche 911 was like the quickest thing on the street. I remember even my 1987 Corvette with 240HP stock was considered a beast with its 6 second 0-60 and 14 second quarter. Now we have trucks than can run with those cars. :flag:

SSLink:

I would agree, I am simply amazed that a great car, considered to be extremely refined and quick can now be destroyed by a 5000 lb truck. If only I could have seen the face on the guy in the porsche. I mean, if you didn't know any better you would never imagine losing to that full size truck... :chevy:

I was just proving the point that "If it has a 4 or a 6 and is not super or turbocharged it is going to lose" is not always true. R32's can run a 14.2 bone stock, and yes this isn't extreme compared to some, but for a all motor v6 it is very respectible. He wasn't saying a V8 car or a evo or anything on that level(cuz evo/sti ect. are turbo) but I was simply pointing out a very simple N/A v6 in a car that will take a SSS. And when you talk mods, the R32 is very easily modded and can get wicked very fast. I wasn't saying the r32 is the fastest car in the world, cuz that's not what the thread was even about, simply showing that not every v6/4 will loose to a SSS especially stock for stock. As far as the childish comment:

"I had to slow down for a turn shortly after... So he comes flyin' up on my a$$, I thought he was going to hit me, so I put on the turn signal and he freaked. Whipped around me into the grass on the side of the road and lost control= almost wrecked"

I don't see a part of him deserving it still, didn't you hit the brakes for a turn while directly in front of him? so he just tried to avoid hitting you. "So instead of turning I tailed him for a couple miles." You actually missed your turn to follow him and tail him because he accidentally almost rear ended you? Got me a lil confused here on what he did wrong besides just race you. I'm cool with you guys here, was just stating my opinion that I thought this was a immature event, take it as that or however you want I guess. I'm not arguing this, just confused on it cuz I dont see teh part where he was being the ass I guess..

-Sam

Archived