2 Wins in a row for the SS...

Ron's SS

CBX59RT:

I agree with no need to rub things in... this guy had is coming. You assumption of the individual "probably just a kid." Well a 45 year old kid maybe. That changes things a little. I am not trying to cause accidents here (he almost did that), however I sometimes feel people need to be taught a lesson in life... ie:  He acted like an a#$, flipped out and endangered himself and myself, then had to deal with the fact that all his attitude ammounted to nothing since he still couldn't lose the SS... don't think I am being defensive of my acts... no doubt "rubbing" it in is childish, but who doesn't feel young at heart driving one of these. :chevy:

Also, "they 'rubbed' it in your face after, just childish. Sorry.."... your not sorry, don't lie... I think it is arrogant to post an derrogatory comment and then try to be the nice guy by saying "sorry".. your not sorry, JMO

SSLink:

Would have to agree with you on the R32... it is fairly quick, but nothing out of the ordinary...

The sorry was because I was not posting to take a personal hit at you yourself. Just that that specific action was not a mature one. I in no way look down upon you as a person, just that decision. So the sorry was to be polite and not look like I was taking a massive personal stab at you. So again, sorry if you took any offense to the post, just a simple opinion and to be taken as that alone. Doesn'y mean I hate you or anything.. lol. Oh and was the stratus a 2dr or 4 door? R/T or just a base model? Jus curious.

-Sam

CBX59RT:

Oh no, I wasn't right in front of him. I really ran him good, it is a slight uphill... by the time I let off I had a good distance to where I was turning... 400, 500 feet and he was way back. When I started to slow, he kept coming... "So he comes flyin' up on my a$$, I thought he was going to hit me, so I put on the turn signal and he freaked."

Hope this explains it a little better.. it seems like almost everyone in Ohio will try and run you. All in good fun, but some really get angry when they get beat... I mean everyone wants "theirs" to be awesome. I am just glad I can say mine's an SS :thumbs:

Oh and the Stratus was a silver R/T.

And when you talk mods, the R32 is very easily modded and can get wicked very fast.

-Sam

Easily modded? With what that will make much difference? A $5-10K turbocharger setup? So what? You can do the same to an SSS and many other vehicles and add serious power. Ask Beserker on this board. My point is that you don't need a blower on an SSS to beat one if it's only "modded a little," which was your statement exactly. Less significant mods than F/I on the SSS can get you there.

I don't disagree that there are some fast N/A six cylinder cars out there, the BMW M3 I mentioned and a later model Porsche 911 being just two of them.

Ron's SS: whereabouts in Ohio do you live? :seeya:

And when you talk mods, the R32 is very easily modded and can get wicked very fast.

-Sam

Easily modded? With what that will make much difference? A $5-10K turbocharger setup? So what? You can do the same to an SSS and many other vehicles and add serious power. Ask Beserker on this board. My point is that you don't need a blower on an SSS to beat one if it's only "modded a little," which was your statement exactly. Less significant mods on the SSS can get you there.

So identical mods R32 vs SSS the SSS should win right? I never once compared mod to mod tho, he said no 4/6 will beat a SSS, and stock for stock many can. I just named that one as a simple example. I'm not arguing a R32 vs SSS any further then that cuz there are a lot of variables and would have to see it first hand right? Your really taking this stuff too far, it was a simple opinion and threw out some numbers to the contrary. Not trying to get into a SSS vs ___ argument cuz that is worthless here. My buddy beat a SSS with his 4.7 mostly stock Dak twice in a row but whats that matter to anyone here or even me? Nothing IMO. Only time it matters is side by side and a R32 is a good match for most modded or not SSS. Speed costs money, how fast do you want to go? Oh and don't talk money too much cuz that is sorta irrelevant in racing. I don't have a ton of cash to spend on my truck so it is what it is, but if someone else spent 10K into his motor and whips me, so be it, he was faster. Anyways, I'm not trying to fight, and never said a thing to you personally, and as I told Ron, no hard feelings at all and was simply stating a fact. Shit happens, mistakes happen, I was just saying my opinion.. take it as just that..

-Sam

-Sam

Easily modded? With what that will make much difference? A $5-10K turbocharger setup? So what? You can do the same to an SSS and many other vehicles and add serious power. Ask Beserker on this board. My point is that you don't need a blower on an SSS to beat one if it's only "modded a little," which was your statement exactly. Less significant mods on the SSS can get you there.

So identical mods R32 vs SSS the SSS should win right? I never once compared mod to mod tho, he said no 4/6 will beat a SSS, and stock for stock many can. I just named that one as a simple example. I'm not arguing a R32 vs SSS any further then that cuz there are a lot of variables and would have to see it first hand right? Your really taking this stuff too far, it was a simple opinion and threw out some numbers to the contrary. Not trying to get into a SSS vs ___ argument cuz that is worthless here. My buddy beat a SSS with his 4.7 mostly stock Dak twice in a row but whats that matter to anyone here or even me? Nothing IMO. Only time it matters is side by side and a R32 is a good match for most modded or not SSS. Speed costs money, how fast do you want to go? Oh and don't talk money too much cuz that is sorta irrelevant in racing. I don't have a ton of cash to spend on my truck so it is what it is, but if someone else spent 10K into his motor and whips me, so be it, he was faster. Anyways, I'm not trying to fight, and never said a thing to you personally, and as I told Ron, no hard feelings at all and was simply stating a fact. Shit happens, mistakes happen, I was just saying my opinion.. take it as just that..

-Sam

Easy, Sam. Nothing personal from this end either. Just having a discussion here. I think you're the one getting a little wound up and off track. If you read my reply you will see I understand and agree with your point about some N/A 6 cyl cars being quite fast. I am simply disputing your stated point that an S/C was needed on an SSS to beat the R32 "modded a little." I don't think it's irrelevant to dispute that adding a $10K turbocharger, or the $5K Radix on my truck is more than modding a little. I also said nothing about mod for mod, but if you're talking about an R32 that is truly lightly modded I do believe it is possible for an SSS that is maybe more than just lightly modded with the right bolt-ons and a tune to beat one. Only track times truly tell the tale, but a good tune alone can boost the 6.0 LQ9 by almost 30HP, putting the SSS very close to the stock R32 in the power/to weight measure. other mods will add what they will to either car. Now you backtrack a bit and call the R32 just a "good match" for the SSS? That I cannot dispute. With both vehicles right off the showroom floor the VW is more than that for the Chevy.

No need to bring up 4.7 Dakotas either. I have said nothing about them and I don't doubt they can be fast "mostly stock." However, I can only wonder if that's anything like your apparent definition of "modded a little," i.e. "money is irrelevant in racing." I am also stating only opinions, although I believe informed ones. No need to get defensive. I am sorry if I have ticked you off. We can both :cheers: and take a :chillpill:

Yeah that's what I like to do too. I love rubbing it in someones face when they have a thought it was fast vehicle :crackup: If it has a 4 or a 6 and is not super or turbocharged it is going to lose :cheers:

Get ready for a VW R32. If you ever find one race it and you will lose and if it's modded a little, even worse unless you are SC and plenty of bolt ons. And its a all Mota 3.2 V6, so your theory is wrong my friend heh. Those lil cars are frickin quick, and AWD to boot!

P.S: You would have a hard time telling my buddy with his built B18 in his civic the line you just said if you raced him. Those things get nasty as hell. Hehe

-Sam

I wasn't just talking about the SSS I'll take on anyone who wants a piece of my T/A!!!! Got me an SRT-10 today at the top end and there is no way a foriegn made six cylinder has a chance so my theory is not wrong b/c it didn't apply just to trucks :thumbs: But I'll keep an eye out in my SSS for one Win,Lose, or draw I always love a good fight. :smash:

Ah well against a good trans am, especially a Ws6 almost none stand a chance at all. Ws6's are serious cars and simple bolt ons puts your nicely into the 12's. I'd have a hard time thinking much can stick with that without a nice power adder. I was just figuring SSS cuz thats where we were heh.

I agree with the PCM thing, same thing with my truck. PCM's are so damn restricted on some vehicles its ridiculous. And on my truck, I didn't just pick up hp, but so much more that tunes my truck to a whole different level then stock. I honestly don't know what all is out there for the R32 I raced a lightly modded one and it def earned my respect very fast.

Doesn't really even matter whats faster by numbers, just matters what happens when your out there I guess right? It's generally why I never compare vehicles cuz it's like comparing religions lol. No end and too many variables and opinions. Endless convo..heh... I don't take offense tho when people try to defend their shit, this of course is your guys' zoneage.. heh

-Sam

Ah well against a good trans am, especially a Ws6 almost none stand a chance at all. Ws6's are serious cars and simple bolt ons puts your nicely into the 12's. I'd have a hard time thinking much can stick with that without a nice power adder. I was just figuring SSS cuz thats where we were heh.

I agree with the PCM thing, same thing with my truck. PCM's are so damn restricted on some vehicles its ridiculous. And on my truck, I didn't just pick up hp, but so much more that tunes my truck to a whole different level then stock. I honestly don't know what all is out there for the R32 I raced a lightly modded one and it def earned my respect very fast.

Doesn't really even matter whats faster by numbers, just matters what happens when your out there I guess right? It's generally why I never compare vehicles cuz it's like comparing religions lol. No end and too many variables and opinions. Endless convo..heh... I don't take offense tho when people try to defend their shit, this of course is your guys' zoneage.. heh

-Sam

Oh yeah I hear you there the whole apples to oranges thing.I don't have a Ws6 I have a '82 with a BB that should pull 8's. I didn't really like the newer style T/A's.

But I agree w/ your point about decent power from a V6 my buddy's got a Sentra Type R w/ a 6 speed and it is fast as hell.Plus it's a 6 speed :thumbs:

Archived