heads to lower compression??

I am not going to be using the stock blow off valve. I am going to use a really big one that is from procharger and it is there race B.O.V i think it is good for up to 1000 hp or something like that

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
With that in mind, you don't really need to lower your compression.  Make sure you have a good intercooling solution, and a really good tune.

Send the extra $$ to me  :devil:

:withstupid:

some have ran as much as 12psi through the stock 10.0:1 compression. you'll be fine.

just curious how long did you have it running with 12#s, was it just in the 1/4? what about your tranny? upgraded?

Just curious if i go above the 9#s when i get everything tuned and dialed in.

makani

With that in mind, you don't really need to lower your compression.  Make sure you have a good intercooling solution, and a really good tune.

Send the extra $$ to me  :devil:

:withstupid:

some have ran as much as 12psi through the stock 10.0:1 compression. you'll be fine.

just curious how long did you have it running with 12#s, was it just in the 1/4? what about your tranny? upgraded?

Just curious if i go above the 9#s when i get everything tuned and dialed in.

makani

Makani I ran 10psi regularly until I destroyed the tranny. I ran 12psi for a couple of weeks, but without the FMIC it was a diminishing return (IATs got too high and pulled too much timing).

10psi is definitately doable with a good tune.

what was his 1/4 time?  :jester:

:lol: what a richard.

Erik,

cool, so im wondering then with the meth installed if i should use the 12# spring they originally sent me when i get ben's old heads in. tune will be key. how long your tranny last?? just curious before i blow it, did it have the shift kit and TC on it as well?

Sweet sig Zippy. :thumbs:  Who's truck is that?

i photo'd it from pickuptrucks.com. needs a bit more cleanup, but it's a good shot of an SS. (wrong color though). :jester:

i'm just here to help makani. i've been herassing him about that for quite some time. now it's just kinda a required thing. :jester:

Erik,

cool, so im wondering then with the meth installed if i should use the 12# spring they originally sent me when i get ben's old heads in. tune will be key. how long your tranny last?? just curious before i blow it, did it have the shift kit and TC on it as well?

Do you have a FMIC or just meth? Also, you have the dual boost controller, right?

With meth only, don't run the 12# -- it'll be too much.

Erik,

Do you have a FMIC or just meth? Also, you have the dual boost controller, right?

With meth only, don't run the 12# -- it'll be too much.

ok cool, so its good that I still have the spring so for future adition of FMIC i will then run the 12#r :thumbs:

My only thing to report is I never lost a race!! :devil:

i haven't lost many with my van. of course some of the joggers give it a run for the money. :jester:

i just want some numbers damn it. :D:pop::(

Archived