dry shot and tuning

zippy

FWIW, I've done it on a firebird a bit over 10 years ago and it worked great. The ECM would see a temp threshold from the IAT adding fuel and pulled a bit of timing. It was a 125 shot. But that was back in the day we actually burned chips to put in the ECM... The old days... Oh yea, don't let the bottle run low if you go this route or you'll be sorry

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
What about an n2o dry / turbo combo?  For instance, if I added a 100 dry shot to my setup, should I be pulling timing?

I don't know if I'd run 100 dry on a turbo setup.... BUT, I have a couple of supercharged apps that I'm using a 35-50 dry shot as an "intercooler" on. They work really good and it actually helps fight detonation by lowering the intake charge substantially. You wouldn't have to pull timing for that much and it makes a BIG difference ;)

How much boost is safe for this kind of application in an SS?

i'd say at 8psi a 50hp shot is probably something that could be done safely. i'm not sure if there is enough injector there for a dry shot though. would be fun to try.

• 2 weeks later...
:chevy: One more thought on this subject. With a Radix, you move the iat sensor to the intake manifold after the blower. How would this fit into the scenario? It would seem to be that the iat sensor wouldn't have the pcm pull as much timing, because it is much further away. Would this even work in this application?

:chevy: One more thought on this subject. With a Radix, you move the iat sensor to the intake manifold after the blower. How would this fit into the scenario? It would seem to be that the iat sensor wouldn't have the pcm pull as much timing, because it is much further away. Would this even work in this application?

It wouldn't see as sharp a contrast in temp. I would want the N02 spraying very close to the sensor. But with the Radix you could probably get away with a small shot without worrying about it if you have enough injector.

i think in a radix truck you'd just tune it for no extra advance for cold air. since you'd only be running a 50 shot or so it'd be a matter mainly of whether or not you had enough injector.

• 1 month later...
DONT DO IT IVE DONE IT AND BLEW THE SHIT UP HAD TO PAY $$5500 FOR A NEW ENGINE, IT DISINIGRATED CYLINDER #8, MELTED1 2 3 4 5 6 AND 7 TO THE BLOCK, AND MELTED ALL THE SPARK PLUGS, SO DRY NITROUS ON AN SS, NOT GOOD

must have clicked the wrong selection on his diablo when he was tuning for his dry shot. :jester:

• 2 months later...

Archived