AVG FUEL ECONOMY?

MUFDVR

What are you guys getting for fuel economy? I know i'm not going to get anything good with a 6.0 but it would be nice to compare notes. It shows 13.2 avg know. I know it will be a different number in diff elevations but it will give me an idea. Also what octane fuel do you run? Is 87 ok? I have not even filled the tank yet and wanted to see if the higher otctane makes a big difference.

What are you guys getting for fuel economy? I know i'm not going to get anything good with a 6.0 but it would be nice to compare notes. It shows 13.2 avg know. I know it will be a different number in diff elevations but it will give me an idea. Also what octane fuel do you run? Is 87 ok? I have not even filled the tank yet and wanted to see if the higher otctane makes a big difference.

I'm only getting an AVG of 12.2 on the dash... but I know I'm getting more than that. It's definately NOT ok to use 87!!!

I'm only getting an AVG of 12.2 on the dash... but I know I'm getting more than that. It's definately NOT ok to use 87!!!

:withstupid:

Check the gas door. Nothing but high octane for the SS. At least 91. With my mods I'm getting close to 17 mpg. I get around mid 15's when I step on it a lot. Mods include CAI, magnacore plug wires, new plugs, 160 stat and pcmforless.com tune.

I have had mine since September and I started out at 15.6 and now I get about 15.2 that is with 87 and occasional 91. I didnt notice a difference in the mpg's with the higher octane. I drive to work everyday on long country roads and pour it on and still have never gotten under 15.2. I get an average of 385 to 400 on my full tank. I can't complain even the the wife can. lol

if you read the gas door it states premium fuel only, you can use a lower octane but I know several people who have noticed pinging when using it. The lower octane is for the silverados with the smaller engines :yellow_loser:

I get around 13mpg, mostly in town, lots of stop-and-go traffic.

And according to the owner's manual, 87 octane is fine.  They recommend 91 in the 6.0HO to achieve maximum horsepower, but 87 is fine.

You might want to do a little more research.

if you read the gas door it states premium fuel only, you can use a lower octane but I know several people who have noticed pinging when using it.  The lower octane is for the silverados with the smaller engines :yellow_loser:

Yep, mine pings like crazy, my mileage goes down a little and I lose some power on take off.... but for long trips while your cruzing, it's not bad.... other than that my truck runs like :puke: crap on anything less than 91...

A lot of variation in fuel economy. I think the stop 'n go is what kills you. 80 mph on the highway or a backroad in o/d and you get decent mileage.

WIth the blower I average 12.8 mpg in mosty city driving. My average goes way up on long highway trips.

It's an old joke but the SSS can pass anything but a gas station... :puke:

Archived