Return of the Camaro

tawss04

I have a posting buddy who works at Chevrolet, he constantly posts MISinformation, more than I can believe. I am skeptical as well.

I think a Camaro like some of the concept stuff posted over the last few years based on a 69 Camaro would surely sell, they really are good looking, but I can't see something so risky being done with all the financial woes being rumbled about from GM.

It would be nice though....?

Maybe it's what is NEEDED?

;)

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've been drinking since 9:30am... whats your excuse?

Why in the hell have you been drinkin since 9:30am? Geeze i didnt crack my first beer till about 3:30pm when i had to do lawn work. 9:30 is just wrong :eek:

Had an all day "meeting" with the VP of DIRECTV and all the regional reps at the Angels / Cleveland game... jumped in the company 40' Fleetwood and started pounding beers at about 9:30 on the way to the game... partied and bbq'd in the lot till around 1:00... killed a bottle of patron during the game in the diamond club... partied on the way home... and that was my Wednesday at work :cool:

If I ever complain about my job.... slap me.

BTW: I hate tequila! :puke:

I'll do one better I'll kick ya in the nuts if ya complain! :D

I can tell you that I love my SS more than most of all my vehicles but if the Camaro comes back w/ a '69 look ohhh myyy god I would trade in for it in a heartbeat. I used to own a 1st generation a few years ago until my "track" incident and let me tell you, you get a lot of looks when you drive a ride like that. :D

These kinds of things get posted on the net all the time...

"my friends, cousins, hairdressers, plummbers, sister-in-laws, dog knows a guy who says they're going to build a 1000hp standard cab SS in 2007"

Unless GM is confirming it I'm not gonna believe it... I didn't even believe there was a Trailblazer SS untill I saw REPUTABLE confirmations.

exactly. if it was 07, their would already be credible information about it.

i searched for 2007 Chevrolet Camaro and saw this pictue...GM probably wont build it but its supposedly from an "inside GM source"...looks sooo sick and i would buy one for sure i hope they make the production model (if they make it at all) look like this...

747670_43_full.jpg

sorry, that is NOT a GM concept.  it is a rendering of what an enthusiest wants it to look like.

LOL thats what i was thinking when i found the site...he (the author) said he had a few "GM inside sources" i shouldnt have posted it but i like it a lot hopefully it looks kinda like that if they make it...

:cheers:

Shane

that "rendering" was from september 2003 volume43, no.9 issue of "Popular Hot Rodding" (if anyone is lookin for back-issues). That design was done by a 19 year old (Kris Horton)... pretty bad he saw things in the right direction before GM did.... but anywho, in the article GM engineer Jim Warren rips the renderings apart... talking about how all the fender lines are wrong for certian impact standards etc.

0309phr-5camaro05_z.jpg

0309phr-5camaro03_z.jpg

0309phr-5camaro07_z.jpg

0309phr-5camaro01_z.jpg

0309phr-5camaro02_z.jpg

0312phr_fifthgen_01_z.jpg

0312phr_fifthgen_02_z.jpg

0312phr_fifthgen_03_z.jpg

Popular hot rodding article

New Pop hot rodding article

I like it...

Archived