Pricing.$$$$$$

ozark66

The "hemi" is NOT going to be in the 1500 trucks, at least not this year anyway. So, that is a mute point. Although, GM had better reprogram their computers on the 2500 series of trucks to compete real quick!! There is still probably 30-50hp just in a new program on the 6.0's

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

RF

Im tired of hearing you guys bitch and moan all day long about how GM is nt building the EXACT thing you want. How they are building something that MORE people want, but it doesnt suit YOU, so it's a piece of shit.

Would I love to see a single cab, s/c'd, 500+ hp, 2wd truck out now from GM, YES!!! Is it, NOPE. Will it ever be, I can hope. But in the meantime, I personally have better things to do than bitch an moan all day. If you are so digusted, get something else. There are only like 60 other manufacturers out there. There are only about 6000 other vehicles you could buy, other than the non existent one you guys keep bitching about not having. Hell, start your own company and build your dream vehicles. See how many 30,000 , 500+hp/600+tq, trucks you can build and stay in business.

For now, GM at least made an attempt. The market will dictate their next move, not the bitching made on the site FOR the Silverado SS. An no, the sqeaky whhel doesnt get the grease in this instance, just the soot.

I'm not bitching I'm simply bring into light that what GM is building looks like they should be in a sci-fi movie. You sound like the one biching to me. If chevy wants to get young costumers then they had better make some cars that young people want to buy. I represent a large number of young people when I say I dont want to spend my hard earned money on what looks and has the power of a station wagon that looks like a spaceship. I would have no problem with GM's SS if they put an engine in it that wasn't a piece of shit. I know the frustrations of a pos engine. I have a 305 in my 84 c-10. GM is going to lose in the long run if they don't start thinking younger.

If you are so digusted, get something else. There are only like 60 other manufacturers out there.  There are only about 6000 other vehicles you could buy, other than the non existent one you guys keep bitching about not having.  

You couldnt have made my point more clearly sir :) This has will and will continue to happen. Im not alone here man, look around. :D

Not trying to fight with your or flame or anying negative towards you....but you have to deep down agree with what I say about them in the past and present.

I need a job like yours...to be able to own a 50k H2, 40k SS, and a 35-45k SSR....damn..

I guess I am just stuck with my shitbox 86 p/u...which will still hand the new ss its nuts in a golden sack!

Also, which non existent vehicles did I make up???

I'm not bitching I'm simply bring into light that what GM is building looks like they should be in a sci-fi movie. You sound like the one biching to me. If chevy wants to get young costumers then they had better make some cars that young people want to buy. I represent a large number of young people when I say I dont want to spend my hard earned money on what looks and has the power of a station wagon that looks like a spaceship. I would have no problem with GM's SS if they put an engine in it that wasn't a piece of shit. I know the frustrations of a pos engine. I have a 305 in my 84 c-10. GM is going to lose in the long run if they don't start thinking younger.

See that is the MAJOR fopa in your argument. From an enthusiasts standpoint, you are ABSOLUTELY correct. However, enthusiasts that dont make 70,000+ a year is NOT what GM is going after with this type of vehicle. They will sell, make no mistake about it. Hell look at what has happend with the SSR. The frigin useless thing (have to admit, even if you think the SS is worthless, the SSR is worse in its current state) is going to cost more, do less, and have 1/2 the practicality of the SS. And people are sellig their number #1 slots at dealerships on Ebay for 12,000+. That is just to have the right to buy the damn thing. Let alone the 42,000 MSRP it is going to have, PLUS significant dealer markup. People will be paying in excess of 60,000 for the thing. "Ooooh but is has a retractable hardtop". LOL

The ay GM sees it, and from a business standpoint they are right, they have Pontiac, Saturn, and other chevy vehicles now and in the future for "their" customers under 30. You think anyone under 30 buying a GM product will ever see the V12 going into new cadillacs? Nope, why? Cause they can charge a premium for it, which younger people (most anyway) are not able or willing to pay. Same for 500+ horsepower vehicles or anything else that is competing with other brands that are outrageously expensive. Sad fact is, they will keep charging what the market allows, no different than any other compnay. You think Nike would sell millions of sneakers at $100+ a pop if people didnt buy um? Nope, the price would come down until they started selling again. Same with every business out there, law of supply and demand.

Personally, I think once the single cab version does come out, and it will guaranteed, there will be a LOT less unhappy people. And I also think that the truth and/or valid points of this thread are soomewhere in the middle of ALL or OUR posts.

I bring to you a truce. The terms of this truce state that both sides of the bitching contest no longer argue and enjoy what they find attractive about the SS.

Messed_up , No need for a truce. We ALL get worked up about this topic, but Im sure nobody has bad intentions, at least I hope not, its just a board. lol

The people that are disgusted, unhappy, etc. I concede all of your points, and GM has "teased" us a liitle too much with things that wont EVER come out. But Im trying to look at it from all sides, and I tend not to dwell on the negative, but rather the positive aspects. Hell, at that price, even as long as I've been waiting for it (and I wanted the ext cab..lol) I might not even be getting one now. Not unless I can get if for 36,500 which shouldnt be hard, but you never know.

Do I wish that they ALSO offered a single cab, hell yes, then we could ALL have something to brag about when Lightnings finaly have some competition, err asswhoopins!!! However, like it or not, they went for the money market 1st, and are just competing (and beating in my opinon [except price] ) the Harley Edition.

Another thing to consider, it would NOT be difficult at all, to get the bottom "spoiler" from the SS this year and put it on a single cab regular truck. Add a few suspension parts, a S/C, lowering, wheels, and some better brakes and then you would have the Lightning "killer" (possibly). In fact, that may be what I end up doing myself. Sure would be nice though to have ALL of that under warranty from the factory. Funny thing is, I'll bet my left nut that at the SEMA show, GM has all kinds of S/C'd and turbo'd vehicles there. They will be "unveiling" there new performacne parts goodies, cause they want their vehicles to be the preferred platform for customizing.

"HELLO, McFly" (GM) We would rather have it put on at the factory!!!! Hopfully it will be SOON!!! (fingers crossed). Even if it is not, if they sel the S/C's, they have to offer a warranty..hoohaa

Heh! I think I found the best deal on a Silverado SS !!!!

Go to :

http://comp.autosite.com

and browse to the chevrolet Silverado SS and it is listed for $0 !!!! That's FREE!!!! I think I will order 2 at this price :D

Do you think they will honor the advertised price :rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...
To make a long story short.........GM is ****.

Plain and simple.

And car guy in charge? Surely you don't mean Lutz?

Real car guy there...............

He was behind the development of Hmmmmmm let's see......

The Neon......

The PT cruiser..........

The couldyoupossiblymakeituglier new dodge trucks.

RF

i wouldnt be talking.. the new chevy facelifts are not good looking at all,the 2002- silverados look way better, why did they give it the yukky avalanch look?

If GM wants to build a SUV thats fine, I have absolutely no problem with that.

But building a SUV with the SS badge is a mistake.

Considering the pricetag on the SS I don't see them selling many.

RF

ppl wasn't thinking that when they brought out the typhoon and they were one hell of a SS

I hope they build the trailblazer ss, it's about the only thing worthy of the ss badge anymore

Archived