Pricing.$$$$$$

ozark66

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AS I STATED EARLIER IN A PREVIOUS POST

YOU GUYS ARE CRAZY!!!

you know they are gonna put it at 40k+. Hell a fully loaded ex cab silverado is well over 30k with goodies added from the factory.

add awd, motor, and all the other suv add ons....just watch...they will be near Vette territory.

What did I tell ya. You can buy used Z06's for less!! hahahaha!!

WAY TO GO GM!! YoU have officially screwed the pooch again!!

AS I STATED EARLIER IN A PREVIOUS POST

What did I tell ya.  You can buy used Z06's for less!! hahahaha!!

WAY TO GO GM!! YoU have officially screwed the pooch again!!

For some yes, but I would LOVE to see you try and squeeze my 300+lb arse comfortably in a vette for any length of time. Wont happen my traps would be up my nostrils. lol Add to that my wife, 4 dogs, gymbags, etc, etc, etc. They have the CORRECT Idea trying to compete with the Harley Edition, just a tad high on the price. 36-37k is just about where it needs to be, and some will actually get it for that. The only problem for most of you guys is that, the "lightning" killer wont be out for another year or two. It is coming though.

The only problem for most of you guys is that, the "lightning" killer wont be out for another year or two. It is coming though.

Yeah....we have only been hearing that for 5+ years now!!

Lets face it, GM doesent care anymore, they build what they want to build, not what the consumer wants. There are hundreds of thousands of people on boards on the net and they dont listen to a damn thing that anyone says on them. they just keep on producing the same ugly rounded off pos's that all look the same....like crap~! Hey while were at it ...lets throw some more ugly plastic panels on the vehicles!!! BLAH!!

They wonder why sales are dropping.....DUH!!

The only problem for most of you guys is that, the "lightning" killer wont be out for another year or two.  It is coming though.

Lets face it, GM doesent care anymore, they build what they want to build, not what the consumer wants. There are hundreds of thousands of people on boards on the net and they dont listen to a damn thing that anyone says on them. they just keep on producing the same ugly rounded off pos's that all look the same....like crap~! Hey while were at it ...lets throw some more ugly plastic panels on the vehicles!!! BLAH!!

I agree with your overall opinion man....on several of your posts.

But actually, sales are dropping because the market is saturated. They've offered such goods in the recent past that everyone who wants a car, has already bought one.

Performance enthusiasts just aren't GM's target market anymore. And rightfully so. The majority of American population is getting older. As a result, GM is adjusting their plans to be family oriented. It seems like a good idea, we'll see in a few months with the sales of the new SS.

Me? I'd buy a 5.3 reg cab, add all the bolt-ons and a supercharger, with gears, and then go kick some lightning ass.

I'll be out next spring hunting everything streetable on the road.....with my "outdated" 1990 SS.

Dred

Lets face it, GM doesent care anymore, they build what they want to build, not what the consumer wants. There are hundreds of thousands of people on boards on the net and they dont listen to a damn thing that anyone says on them.  they just keep on producing the same ugly rounded off pos's that all look the same....like crap~!  Hey while were at it ...lets throw some more ugly plastic panels on the vehicles!!! BLAH!!

No, actually sales are increasing (truck sales anyway), as is market share. Things cant happen overnight, and for GM to produce the "lightning kiler", which they will be lucky to BREAK EVEN on, then they have to do other things first. GM was in a funk for a LONNNNGGGGG time, but now the pieces are in place to turn things around, and things are happening slowly but surely.

GM in the past did NOT know what they were doing, because the "numbers guys" (I.E. Accountants) were controlling everything. NOW, however, real car guys and that have some balls are calling the shots. People thought the Avalanche would be a flop, wrong. Look what the Hummer2 has done for GM's image and sales in a short period of time. The solstice will be coming out soon, the SSR is finally here, the Silverado SS 1st edition is finally here. These are all things that fill niches and make GM MONEY, and that is the bottom line.

Now, they have already shown us the 2003 single cab "ss", if only at one show and wouldnt say anything about it. It will be out, and DONT be suprised if it comes with a S/C atop. GM and John Moss have been doing some serious research over the past few years on both Turbocharging and Supercharging. These tests have been done on the engines that are just now coming out and being updated. In fact, some of these tests were done on engines we have now, before they ever came out (I.E. 4.3, 4.8, 5.3, and the 6.0)

What good does it do to just BAsh, you have to have an open mind and see the BIG picture. The NEW Gm guys are doing just that, and gettign things done. If you still dont think things are changing....look at this tidbit, recently put up on the GM Media site:

Several new charged engines will be introduced over the next few years on GM’s 4-cylinder, 6-cylinder and 8-cylinder engine families around the world.

Benefits:

Turbocharged and super-charged engines deliver performance and fuel economy improvements as well as emissions reduction.

Charging allows GM to use a smaller displacement engine in place of a larger one, with no loss in power

Exactly, what do you think they have in mind? I have a pretty good idea. With the new asses at the EPA and all over Cali (lol) the mileage has to go up and the emmisions down. The Horsepower wars have started again, and GM has to compete, and the ONLY way to stay on top of the truck market now is to use charging systems. So we shall see.

Im not so much trying to intentionally bash...just venting more or less.

My whole point is that I have been by GM's side my whole life and always backed them up even when they have produced sub par vehicles to the others. But year after year it just gets old, I get tired of GM coming in last *in my mind and many others* and not stepping up to the plate. They repeatedly get made to look like fools by other manufacturers and dont seem to care. People that didnt like chevy's in the past at least respected them or said they were "nice"

BUt now days...almost every GM product they release...others HATE it and constantly mock it. You see my point....after so long...product loyalty just becomes a big damn joke.....they dont have a car to compete in the huge portion of sales with the civic or wrx or the new bad@ss neon, they dont have a car to compete with the Mustang....and no the vette should never be compared to it but guess what....it is now!!..the new trucks are just ass ugly and of course no competition for the lightning. They dont even offer a 4 fullsized door short bed to compete with dodge. The midsized cars are the same boring FWD old motor/tranny using pos's that they have used for 10+ years with upgraded cheap plastic panels and knobs.

But yet they manage to jack up the price every year without fail and very few upgrades....I mean damn..!! The vette is the only car Chevy pays "some" attention to and its still no where what the Enthusiasts want!! not even able to be ordered as such.

Oh yeah and lets just get rid of one of the best things to happen to GM The F-body....and if they keep it out for more than 2 years.....all the loyal customers will go elsewhere for thier "decently" priced horsepower wants. but with the 02 T/A's pricing near the damn Z06,..even that was out of hand.

They keep building up monster badass concepts and then release them NOTHING AT ALL like they showed us and minus 200-400 hp!! Why the hell even build them??? Waste of time and resources IMO. If they would have built the Red SS no bed seam having whipple charged/ airride slammed SS we were all introduced to...hell yes! There would be lines as long as hell!! and no, we would not bitch about paying 40k for that! But this excuse for an SS is just embarrasing personally to me being a diehard GM/Chevy guy!

{rant off}

See some of my points?

And you seem to be defending awfully well....do you work for GM perhaps??

Well, that is certainly disappointing. :( Although it doesn't surprise me.

In Nov of 2000 I ordered a 2001 Lightning for $29,100. Even at MSRP of $32,600, you can buy a Lightning and get a pretty nice winter beater car for less than MSRP of the SS.

While they "may" offer a standard cab with more power in the future, remember that the Lightning will be a moving target (literally) and will be getting more power also. So, unless they are willing to do away with their premise that no vehicle will have more power than the Vette......... it will never be a true competitor without mods.

Harley trucks with a chip, pulley (Lightning.... costs about $25 used) and a filter run in the 13's. That is pretty cheap hp.

Just my opinion.

Oh well, at least all of the speculation is over.

Charging allows GM to use a smaller displacement engine in place of a larger one, with no loss in power[/b]

Exactly, what do you think they have in mind? I have a pretty good idea. With the new asses at the EPA and all over Cali (lol) the mileage has to go up and the emmisions down. The Horsepower wars have started again, and GM has to compete, and the ONLY way to stay on top of the truck market now is to use charging systems. So we shall see.

What GM is preparing for 10 years down the road may never come if they don't produce what people want now. I read the SS will get an overall gas mileage of 16 per gallon. For a fuel injected vehicle that really sucks. If they want to sell plastic trucks with crappy underpowered engines then they sould sell them in California and give the rest of the country what it wants. A truck that could keep up with the new Ram. I have always prided my self on being a Chevy fan. I even think the new Rams are ugly as hell, but I would take one any day over a new Chevy Silverado.

Charging allows GM to use a smaller displacement engine in place of a larger one, with no loss in power[/b]

What GM is preparing for 10 years down the road may never come if they don't produce what people want now. I read the SS will get an overall gas mileage of 16 per gallon. For a fuel injected vehicle that really sucks. If they want to sell plastic trucks with crappy underpowered engines then they sould sell them in California and give the rest of the country what it wants. A truck that could keep up with the new Ram. I have always prided my self on being a Chevy fan. I even think the new Rams are ugly as hell, but I would take one any day over a new Chevy Silverado.

As far as mileage goes, for what the truck has as std equipment and weight - I think it gets great mileage!! I had a '73 f-100 w/ a 390 2-barrel, 2WD, and that thing got about 11 MPG w/ 165 hp, and no doubt polluted all day!!!

My '03 5.3L is classified as an ULEV, and probably pollutes less in about 1 year than my da*n lawnmower does in 1 hour! My point here, is we've come a long way people! :)

As for GM not giving the people what they want, w/ respect to trucks, the last time I knew, the VAST majority of people interested in GM pickup trucks will not be buying them to battle Lightnings and SRT-10s, etc. Don't get me wrong, I'm disappointed in the first SS offering too, but I think (and certainly hope) GM will do a Lightning competitor. I will concede that GM needs to put a few supercars/trucks out there as this image will draw more buyers, even if they "settle" for a lesser vehicle.

And, while I'm at it, muscleshop, I think you're right on with your last post!

My 2 cents! :)

Got to agree with LOHRTBT about the weakness GM has shown in the truck market lately. I'm seeing the Dodge truck more and more around the Dallas/Ft Worth area. If I were buying a new truck at this point, it would be a GMC though. Still have more faith in GM then Dodge and Ford. And the new Chevy front-ends aren't much to look at.

I do see GM going in somewhat of a good direction trying to compete in the trendy market (SSR). However, they need to go back to the beefy looking trucks and not go trendy on them (Avalanche). For cars it's ok, but they still need to keep their core vehicles around (rear wheel drive muscle cars [camaro, corvette] and beefy trucks. The best looking truck they make now is the GMC Heavy Duty trucks.

That's my .02. :lol:

Scott

You know all the other car companys have to pass the emissons tests to and they make way more HP than the SS. As far as your 73 gos thats because its a 73. A pre emissons vehicle wasnt made to be high on milage and low on emissons. The New Ram is and until chevy makes a truck that can put out as much as a new Ram they can keep their $40000 gas drinking do nothing half Hot-wheel vehicles. When you pay for an SS all you are paying for is the little SS on the grill and side of the door.

To make a long story short.........GM is ****.

Plain and simple.

And car guy in charge? Surely you don't mean Lutz?

Real car guy there...............

He was behind the development of Hmmmmmm let's see......

The Neon......

The PT cruiser..........

The couldyoupossiblymakeituglier new dodge trucks.

RF

You know all the other car companys have to pass the emissons tests to and they make way more HP than the SS. As far as your 73 gos thats because its a 73. A pre emissons vehicle wasnt made to be high on milage and low on emissons. The New Ram is and until chevy makes a truck that can put out as much as a new Ram they can keep their $40000 gas drinking do nothing half Hot-wheel vehicles. When you pay for an SS all you are paying for is the little SS on the grill and side of the door.

Hey, sorry man, wasn't trying to slam ya, or nothing. :)

It will be interesting to see what the Dodge boys do w/ mileage on the new "Hemi" based trucks - maybe someone here already has mileage figures.

I believe the potential is there for GM to do what they want w/ their engines, but really the issue is them deciding to get off their a$$es and do it!! B)

To make a long story short.........GM is ****.

Plain and simple.

And car guy in charge? Surely you don't mean Lutz?

Real car guy there...............

He was behind the development of Hmmmmmm let's see......

The Neon......

The PT cruiser..........

The couldyoupossiblymakeituglier new dodge trucks.

RF

Gee and NEITHER one of those sell well (neon or cruiser). I beg to differ (even though they are pieces of crap in my opinion, people still buy them like they are going out of style). He didnt have ANYTHING to do with the design of the new dodge trucks. You forgot about LUTZ being the person to bring out the Viper and the Prowler too. Well 3 out of 4 aint bad. lol That was just at Chrysler. Lutz is also the reason we are going to have the GTO here, the SSR, the Hummer2, s/c and turbos on more cars in the very near future, the soltice..shold I go on? He is NOT the only one that GM is making the turn-around with, but he IS an integral part. Im tired of hearing you guys bitch and moan all day long about how GM is nt building the EXACT thing you want. How they are building something that MORE people want, but it doesnt suit YOU, so it's a piece of shit.

Would I love to see a single cab, s/c'd, 500+ hp, 2wd truck out now from GM, YES!!! Is it, NOPE. Will it ever be, I can hope. But in the meantime, I personally have better things to do than bitch an moan all day. If you are so digusted, get something else. There are only like 60 other manufacturers out there. There are only about 6000 other vehicles you could buy, other than the non existent one you guys keep bitching about not having. Hell, start your own company and build your dream vehicles. See how many 30,000 , 500+hp/600+tq, trucks you can build and stay in business.

For now, GM at least made an attempt. The market will dictate their next move, not the bitching made on the site FOR the Silverado SS. An no, the sqeaky whhel doesnt get the grease in this instance, just the soot.

Archived