help me with my ATI S/C i cant get the power i sho

Well right now I have tried everything except a new boost gauge. How do you check for a bad knock sensor? I have had someone with a scanner look at everything and there was two cods coming up one that was for my tranny but that is because we changed modulators in the tranny form electrical to vacuum, so that one it not a proble and the other was that I was getting more air into the motor. But that went away after the tune.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those codes won't be KR trouble makers.

Do you ever hear audible knock?

Throw some race gas in there and see if the KR goes away -- this means you need some logging solution like HPT / EFI / Autotap. If it goes away on 110, it's real knock. If it doesn't, it may not be real knock, but it might be.

Either way, you want to get it tuned out. False KR can be tuned out by decreasing theKR sensitivity, but I would not do that unless nothing else can be done -- it effectively cripples you if you see real KR one day.

Where are you located?

I think TurbochargedBerserker has the best idea. Go get yourself some race gas and load it in. You don't need a tune for it, all you want to look for is if the knock goes away when you have it in (or at least goes way down). That will tell you a lot right there. If the knock goes away then its real. If it doesn't then something else is going on. If it is something else it could be either a bad knock sensor or something is generating knock type noise. The only way I can think of testing for a bad sensor is to replace it, I'm not too sure on that. I'd say race gas is your first test though.

You need Autotap, EFIlive, or HPTuners. EFIlive and Autotap can give you log/scan ability without buying tuning equipment, if you didn't want to go that way.

Buying the race gas without one of them would be a waist.

To be honest, if you're blown, then you need one of those tools now anyway. Buying one of them should be the norm given what you have done to your engine. It's the only way to ensure what is/is not going with your motor.

Why guys will spend thousands on supercharging or turbocharging their motors and won't spend $350 on some software to monitor what's going on, blows me away. Understanding, that some may not have a laptop and drive the cost up more. However, it's an essential item, IMO.

I think i am going to buy hp tuners if i can ever get a e-mail back from them i was told that i could trade in / upgrade from the ls1 edit cable i have and should be able to trade in that LS1 Edit cable and get a discount on their product.

When we lowered the timing way down to around 2 we could get the 6 deg. of knock to go away. But I think we should be able to run around 12 deg of timing.

12º? it seems like you should be able to run alot more than that. sounds like it was lean?

When we lowered the timing way down to around 2 we could get the 6 deg. of knock to go away. But I think we should be able to run around 12 deg of timing.

12º? it seems like you should be able to run alot more than that. sounds like it was lean?

:withstupid: Seems like you should be able to get 16-18* with the intercooler working -- more depending on boost level.

Archived