help me with my ATI S/C i cant get the power i sho

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well yesterday my check engine light came on so today I got it checked and the code that was sent was one that the sensors after my headers said that it was running to lean.

Well yesterday my check engine light came on so today I got it checked and the code that was sent was one that the sensors after my headers said that it was running to lean.

After I put my Procharger on everything seemed great, then my check engine light came on after about 50 miles. I had it checked and it was running rich. I called Bryan at PCMforless, he told me that he knew what the problem was so I sent him my PCM again. After putting it back in the truck and driving another 50-75 miles the check engine light came on again. This time it was running too lean, so I parked the truck and I have not even driven it for 2 weeks now. I know how you feel when there is a problem and you don't know how to fix it. Good luck! :driving:

Well I have good news to report. Yesterday I got a new boost gauge and tonight I got around to putting it in. but even better news is that the boost gauge that I had was bad. Now I am seeing about 5-6psi of boost. Most of the time I see about 5psi of boost but at times I see up to 6 psi of boost. So now I just need to find about 4-5 more psi of boost.

Now I can except that I am loosing 2-3 psi of boost over what I should be seeing with the 4in pulley. And that loss would be from my cam and headers.

That sound about right to you guys?

j4nash,

I am glad you got things looking up man. Makes things a little more encouraging.

Your psi range seams right for what you have done. I have no cats and 40 series mufflers, and with a 3.7 pulley (which should be 10psi on a stock SS) is only giving me like 8psi peak pressure. This is due to my slipping issues though.

I just ordered a 3.6" 6 rib Reichard Racing pully so we will see how that does.

Keep us updated on any changes.

By the way, I had my gauge read a little low by 1-2 psi. I took the gauge out and you can physically tweak the inside of the gauge to adjust the needle. I know this is not common practice, but I then verified the gauge with a pressure pump all the way through 20 psi multiple times and it reads perfect now, right on the nose. The gauge literally needs to be in the middle of the "0" psi window to be spot on.

So maybe your old gauge can be re-adjusted... Just an idea, it worked for me.

Good news on the plugs.

I'm not sure I would worry too much about hitting xx psi. Boost is actually a measure of inefficiency -- the restriction of airflow in the manifold. What you want in FI usuable cylinder air -- there's just no way of measuring that. I'd start looking at power and see where you're at.

the plugs i am running are ngk TR6's they are a little colder plug then the stock plugs and i gaped then at 35 when i put them in.

the plug at the top looked good it was a light tan color, but a little bit of the threads on the plug was black

Archived