Air Box with Radix

First, I did do the search and found some good info however I wanted to get a feel for what is the norm now. I am running the stock airbox and feel that it is a major restriction in my set-up.

So, Radix guys....what do you have? :confused:

:chevy: I run the stock airbox, with some extra ventilation in the form os 3 or 4 2" holes at the front of the box. I also removed the deflector from between the rad support, and the rad on the pass. side. Gets straight shot of cold air. I also remove my pass side headlight at the track. I haven't made any passes with the Radix yet this year, but I'm going next week. If you notice what all the "tuner" vehicles are using, it's pretty obvious there's quite a bit of engineering that went into the design of that box.

I don't have a Radix, but I have the K&N 77 series, and it works very well. Although I've heard something about the outlaw cai being even better in another thread

I had my Volant CAI before I added the Radix but when I asked the guys from Magnason, they agreed the stock box with K&N filter worked really well as long as some additional intake holes were created.

I've been pretty happy with the Volant and the ram air tube from the bumper vent.

i'm dyin here with my stock box on my truck... i modified the hell outta it, a volant and some headers are whats keeping me outta 12s, i dont care what anyone says! :crackup:

Was the outlaw intake tested on a FI set-up?

I did some track times with the stock intake, open K&N cone and screened open tube. I saw some strange results, just want to see what everyone else is doing for more tests.

EDIT: I answered my own question.... :cry:

Peak HP was only ~350 with the Vortec? Seems low. Was this test done with the Vortec?

adam gained something like 16 hp and 21 ft lb torque with the outlaw on his supercharged(vortech) SSS.

Those numbers are from a g-tech. Not a good source for actual hp or tq numbers.

I would go with whatever intake came out the best for the CHP truck.

i feel the outlaw is a good box and could use some track testing. the numbers from the testing on the other hand, i don't trust. adams truck could have pulled them 60' numbers stock.

Archived