iPod Interfaces

That is interesting Capt Walker.  On PAC's application guide, they lump 2003-2005 together.  Did you use the AB-GM12 and the AUX-POD ?  I don't find that foot note about losing XM in their application guide that I used to see.

Also found this on PAC's website :

XM retention with AUX-BOX or AUX-POD technical brief

I also found this interesting new bit elsewhere on the web:

Chevy HHR Will Make It Simple To Bring iPod Along For The Ride

The new GM radios include an auxiliary channel and front mounted auxiliary input jack, so that an iPod or other audio source can be easily plugged in and played through the vehicle audio system.

Not quite an integrated iPod interface, just a AUX jack, but a bit step in the right direction :thumbs:

I have two PAC's Connected to the rear of my stereo. One for my extra Amp for Bass, and One for my IPOD. when I am thumbing through my sources it goes XMFM1 then XMFM2 then CD then the Ipod then into the FM AM channels works perfect for me.

Capt Walker- Do you have the Bose system with the in-dash CD changer?

Found another interface, this one claims to work with XM.

Compatibility Requirements

Disables rear seat video system. Compatible with XM, but can effect XM radio sound quality in some vehicles (Great iPod sound quality in all vehicles).

Neo iOn

Wow, I never would have guessed there were so many options. I am going on a long trip Anchorage to Las Vegas very soon. I was wondering if I an not overly concerned about the steering wheel controls is there a way to run a simple RCA connector in the the back of the radio from the IPOD?

I'm still waiting for one that will not only let me keep XM, but will also put the iPod display on the radio display. I keep hearing that some interfaces that will do this are under development, but as far as I can tell, they aren't out yet. Whenever it happens, I think I'll set it up so the connector is in either my glovebox or center console to keep my iPod out of sight.

Capt Walker- Do you have the Bose system with the in-dash CD changer?

Yes I do have the Bose System with 6Disc in Dash

Found another interface, this one claims to work with XM.

Compatibility Requirements

Disables rear seat video system. Compatible with XM, but can effect XM radio sound quality in some vehicles (Great iPod sound quality in all vehicles).

Neo iOn

I do have the Bose System with the six Disc indash

Archived