New GTO 6.0 or '02 Camaro SS?

smkdu

I test drove the new GTO 6.0 today and my what a ride.Corvette engine in a Grand Prix and a sub 13 second 1/4. The Camaro SS run about 13.2 in the 1/4 with the LS1 345 Hp. Question: If you had to choose which would it be? New goat, or the fast propuction camaro? :uhoh:

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My personal preference would lean toward the GTO. I love GTOs and with that LS6, the latest one is one h*ll of nice car. But really you cant go wrong with either choice. For what you would spend on a new GTO, you could buy an SS and sink the price difference into engine mod's and you'd have an SS faster than the GT0. If speed is all you're concerned about. You probably get alot more amenities in a new GTO... and warranty if thats anywhere near the top of your 'needs' list. So many options... :crazy:

In the GTOs present form..... I would pick the Camaro SS. I like the looks better. You can also get lots of power from it for the same cost. You also can get low ins. if you use it as a weekend car. You can get the GTO used at a decent price but if you want the LS2 your gonna pay. Not only for the car but the ins also. Just an opinion. :dunno:

I'd get the Goat. The Camaro's interior is way out dated (old-style turn signal switch gear, a/c controls, etc.) and since I spend 90% of my time in my car and not looking at it, I'd be happier in the Goat. Also, the Goat's got a warranty. I like both performance wise but since the Goat's faster AND has all of the stuff mentioned above, my choice is made. GTO!

05 GTO.

it is about the same speed stock as a Camaro. the camaro is a little lighter, but the GTO has a few more HP. I really like the look of the 05's with the hood scoupes, front spoiler and rear facia differences. huge potential with the LS2 4" bore also. the 4" bore is what the BIG factor. to do that bore with and LS1 is big $$$$. a 402-408 in an 05 GTO would be a reaonably priced engine upgrade.

I think I'd take the '02 Camaro, last and best of the F-bodies. Maybe last production Camaro ever. Put a Gen III 427 in it and you have a supercar, probably for less than the cost of that Aussie-made Goat.

I miss my '99 Camaro. Loved the T-top this time of year. :chevy:

I personally don't like the way the GTO looks, but you got to admit the damn thing flat out runs!!  Plus you gey the factory warranty with it!! JMO :)

Yea but the thing is for me I usually blow the factory warranty with mods within 3 months of driving a car out of the showroom. Sick, huh? :chevy:

No question the goat.

It is so much higher in quality than the f-bodies. I have had 3 f-bodies (still have a 96 formula) and the quality and finish are sub par. They ride like bricks and squeak. The gto is a car that can smoke others and rides well.

Brandon

No question the goat.

It is so much higher in quality than the f-bodies.  I have had 3 f-bodies (still have a 96 formula) and the quality and finish are sub par.  They ride like bricks and squeak.  The gto is a car that can smoke others and rides well.

Brandon

No need for cushy ride here. SSS doesn't have one either.

Jury is still out on Holden quality anyway. Bad rep Down Under.

Archived