Another Hemi bites the dust!!!

ssjonathan

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I ran a 2wd hemi , reg cab on the highway this week. It was lower with 20 s , an exhaust and I have no idea what else. We hit it at 70 MPH, he pulled ahead slightly but when we hit 100 plus , I was gone. Up to 120 and he was way behind. Maybe he was limited on the PCM. I was n t. :D

The word Hemi use to mean bad @ss. Now it doesn't

That thing got a Hemi.......so what :crackup:

That SS got a 366.......sweet but would sound better if it was this:

That SS got a 408 SC........damnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!! lol

:crackup::D:devil::driving:

:crackup:  :D  :devil:  :driving:

It's still badass. It use to be in cars, and in a Ram its a 5k lb vehicle. The new 'Hemi's' are proving what they can do in some of the vehicles they are in. Concidering the lightest vehicle its in right now is 4200lbs. The new 6.1 hemi in the 300/charger/magnum are pulling 13.1's bone stock all mota. They are decent motors still. Also remember the old 'badass hemi's' werent 348 CI they were 426, 440 ect. thats a big CI difference.. Now the Hemi is over 420hp and well under 400Ci :-) IMO they are handing their own compared to the old day hemi's and still new setups. I hardly think putting the Hemi in a 5000 lb truck and running how they do is 'shitty' by any means. Just my Imput. I would like to see them put the 6.1 in the Ram's. heh.

-Sam

It's still badass. It use to be in cars, and in a Ram its a 5k lb vehicle. The new 'Hemi's' are proving what they can do in some of the vehicles they are in. Concidering the lightest vehicle its in right now is 4200lbs. The new 6.1 hemi in the 300/charger/magnum are pulling 13.1's bone stock all mota. They are decent motors still. Also remember the old 'badass hemi's' werent 348 CI they were 426, 440 ect. thats a big CI difference.. Now the Hemi is over 420hp and well under 400Ci :-) IMO they are handing their own compared to the old day hemi's and still new setups. I hardly think putting the Hemi in a 5000 lb truck and running how they do is 'shitty' by any means. Just my Imput. I would like to see them put the 6.1 in the Ram's. heh.

P.S.: Also the difference in how Hp ratings were then and now are night and day, 420hp then is not what it is now, and with all the EPA regs it's even better to pull as much Hp with much less CI.

-Sam

Don't go racing any of the new 6.1 Hemi cars, they'll eat most stock stuff alive. The SRT8 based on the Chrysler 300 went 13.2 in the 1/4 in the Motor Trend comparo, and the Charger will be lighter still.

I bet you won't be saying "so what" when they hand you yer butt!

:crackup:

-Sam

Darn it, ya beat me to it!

:tear:

The smaller Hemi would be great if they would pull the ECU out and toss it. Why did they govern the thing so drastically?

The 6.1 Hemi will find it's way into the Ram I'm sure.

I can see the "408 SS" debut for SSthunder, and IT has the same choking ECU that the Ram has on the Hemi....?

:crackup:

Now THAT would be priceless...?

What I'm saying is that they are throwing the word Hemi around too much trying to use it as a selling point. I'm sure it works till the guy driving his 345HP Dodge Truck get's his butt handed to him by a 345HP Silverado SS. They shouldn't try to use it as a selling point in the Dodge truck IMO. Dodge is getting better with their trucks(styling and design has come a long way), but they still lack in the engine department. The SRT-10 is the best they have made so far, but the sticker of $52K for the QC is too much. It would be nice to see the SRT-10 with AWD(yeah I know it won't happen). The SRT-10 even has me wanting one, but it's not practical for my area(KY snow + SRT-10 = SRT-10 sitting in the garage 4 winter). I'm still going to check one out though. I wouldn't be surprised to see Dodge or Ford use the quatra-steer technology in their trucks. GM is doing away with it and it could be in other brand vehicles. If marketed right I think the technology could be a great selling point.

i dont know about you but i seen afew dodge hemi ,s beat the ss depends on the driver so your pont is stupid. the 345 hp is getting to be old news now .chevy needs to step it up in there pickups which i dont think will happen for a while. got to give dodge propts they are stepping up the bar. call it what you what but dodge is setting the standard in the hp races hands down. :banghead::happysad::happysad:

Archived