Interior Care

jr,

I use Lexol on the leather now. Never heard of 303. What is it and where can I get it. Places like Pep Boys etc? Thanks. Welcome to the boards, by the way. :thumbs:

303 is available at murrays, pretty sure you can even get at meijers. I think any boat store has it as well, Boat US is where I first found it. :cool:

I was noticing that on the Zaino site, they say that the Z-9 and Z-10 are both excellent for vinyl and leather. Sounds like you could do your entire vehicle in Zaino. If they only had something for tires and engines :sigh:

I think the best thing to do is just include it in your normal washing and drying and you'll need no special product. I wipe mine down every time I wash and it never looks dirty. If you want to make it look good, there are some things that work good for that.

On engines if it's been dirty, I will spray it down with Simple Green and let it sit for few, rinse it off, and blow it with the air hose. Don't flood the thing with water, just use enough to get it rinsed off. Then use some sort of rubber treatment to spice it up a little. You can use any of the good rubber sprays for this. Let it sit for awhile and then wipe off the excess.

Warning: It's been my experience that this will capture dirt/dust faster but it does look good when it has been done.

For tire dressing, detail shops use a product called Ultra Blue. It's got a lot of silicone in it but I do like the shine it provides. It's not for everyone but I'm a big fan of it.

Haven't tried Zaino's yet. Maybe some day.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived