GM tonneau covers

prtofcali

I called the dealer to see how much for the tonneau cover and they run $700. Just wondering if anyone has seen them and if you like the way they look. :dunno: Or should I go with a aftermarket cover? I was going to get a spray in liner but decided for a few hundered more I can have a better look. I should of orderd it when I got the truck but oh well.

I've heard a lot of complaints about the stock tonno that came on the C3's and Denali's.. Apparently the plastic clips break really easily. I'm not sure if the current model has changed or not, but I would recommend looking at aftermarket ones.

**Edit - I'm referring to the stock soft covers.. I don't know anything about hard covers.. Do they exist from the dealer? :dunno:

I have a GM tonneau cover. I think they look really good. My only complaints are they are somewhat hard to remove, you have to peel off the edges all the way around to roll up, and there are three crossmembers you will have to remove if you want to haul something big. I will post some pics of it on my members page.

The GM style covers are made by Fold-A-Cover. They are very lightweight which is why I'm gonna buy one to replace my Snug Top model. The damn thing weights 150lbs or more and I can't take it off by myself. :(

I called the dealer to see how much for the tonneau cover and they run $700. Just wondering if anyone has seen them and if you like the way they look. :dunno: Or should I go with a aftermarket cover? I was going to get a spray in liner but decided for a few hundered more I can have a better look. I should of orderd it when I got the truck but oh well.

I have the 4 panel fold-to-the-front, that came with my truck(Mine was the dealor's daughter's ride). Anyway I like it as it can stay folded up when I have bulky stuff in the box. And it is a lowprofile and has attractive rails sittng on the top of the box. It's also lockable.I use the truck for work so the box gets used. I also use the GM liner because it will take more hurts.You can spray the bed but the liner takes more abuse especially when heavy things are dropped on them

Archived